Riverside Research is an independent National Security Nonprofit dedicated to research and development in the national interest. With revenues of $125M+, and a staff of more than 630, Riverside Research provides high-end technical services, research and development, and prototype solutions to some of the country’s most challenging technical problems. Riverside Research also supports advanced technical education and collaborates widely with university researchers.
The company was formed from a respected research laboratory at Columbia University and has a current focus on technical areas including Radar systems, Optics and Photonics, Electromagnetics, Plasma physics, Geoint, Masint, Systems Engineering, and Modeling & Simulation.
Riverside Research’s open innovation R&D model encourages both internal and external collaboration to accelerate innovation, advance science, and expand market opportunities. In 2015, Riverside Research expanded its facility in Dayton, OH, adding a 30,000 square-foot Open Innovation Center (OIC). The OIC is a collaborative R&D environment that fosters creativity, synergy, and ultimately delivers innovative solutions to current and anticipated challenges. The OIC sets the standard for collaborative innovation and is dedicated to promoting research across the company. Riverside Research has additional research facilities in Boston, MA; New York, NY; Centreville, VA; and Champaign, IL.
Job Number: 871
Riverside Research has a full time opening in the Dayton, OH area for an Junior Information System Security Officer (ISSO) to provide system authorization support, risk management and business continuity expertise, threat detection and prevention methods, incident response and management methods, auditing, vulnerability management support, and the authoring and coordinating of system security documentation to National Air and Space Intelligence Center’s (NASIC) Measurement & Signature Intelligence (MASINT) Squadron (NASIC/GSM). Candidates must be technically proficient and capable of devising practical and sustainable solutions.
All Riverside Research opportunities require U.S. Citizenship.
- Serve as Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO), coordinating, executing, and managing cybersecurity assessment & authorization (A&A) related activities supporting IT hardware, software, and connectivity capabilities in support of intelligence data management and analysis requirements
- Provide advice and assistance on all things cyber security for customer-acquired development and systems maintenance projects, driving and monitoring system authorization status of segment components, authoring and coordinating related documentation
- Facilitate, perform, and manage actions necessary to maintain system and capability accreditation status consistent with DoDI 8510.01 (Risk Management Framework (RMF) for DoD Information Technology (IT)), including scanning, auditing, and authoring/coordinating security accreditation-related documentation
- Review and advise on security aspects of contracted maintenance deliverables and proposals
- Present system maintenance, authorization status, and potential issues to various intelligence and acquisition community audiences
- Keep customer leadership aware of any roadblocks, issues, or concerns with system authorization status
- Other duties as assigned
- Must have an Active TS clearance with SCI adjudication
- BS degree in information systems or related technical field
- 2-7 years of IT/security-related experience
- DoD 8570 IAT/IAM Level I/II certification
- Familiarity with cross-domain solutions
- Well-developed understanding of common operating systems (Windows, Linux/Unix, Cisco IOS/NX-OS)
- Practical knowledge of client, server, data storage, and networking technologies
- Familiarity with DevSecOps principles and Secure Software Development Lifecycle (SSDLC)
- Ability to troubleshoot, assess root cause, and resolve technical issues
- Innovative with strong analytical, problem-solving, organization and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated; able to work independently with minimal direction
- Open to occasional travel
- Advanced degree in a technical field
- 8-10+ years of IT/security-related experience with recent ISSO experience
- Sec+/CASP/CISSP certification
- Prior experience with software scanning/static code analysis (e.g. Fortify, SonarQube)
- Prior experience with cloud and container security tools (e.g. Prisma Cloud/Twistlock, StackRox, Anchore)
- Advanced interpersonal skills to work and interact with technically and organizationally diverse personnel
Riverside Research does not mandate COVID vaccination as a condition of employment. However, proof of vaccination or negative test may be required to enter certain government facilities and sites. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site-specific requirements. To protect the health and safety of its employees, their families, and to comply with customer requirements, the company requires all employees to disclose vaccination status (upon hire).
Riverside Research strives to be one of America's premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. We continue to add experienced and technically astute staff who are highly motivated to help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers deliver world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented defense company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
Our EEO Policy
Riverside Research is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote without regard to race, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability/veteran, status as a protected veteran, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local law.
If you need assistance at any time in our application or interview process, please contact Human Resources at 937-427-7074 or email HR@RiversideResearch.org. A member of the HR team will be available to assist.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.
For more information on "EEO is the Law," please visit: