Riverside Research is an independent National Security Nonprofit dedicated to research and development in the national interest. With revenues of $125M+, and a staff of more than 630, Riverside Research provides high-end technical services, research and development, and prototype solutions to some of the country’s most challenging technical problems. Riverside Research also supports advanced technical education and collaborates widely with university researchers.
The company was formed from a respected research laboratory at Columbia University and has a current focus on technical areas including Radar systems, Optics and Photonics, Electromagnetics, Plasma physics, Geoint, Masint, Systems Engineering, and Modeling & Simulation.
Riverside Research’s open innovation R&D model encourages both internal and external collaboration to accelerate innovation, advance science, and expand market opportunities. In 2015, Riverside Research expanded its facility in Dayton, OH, adding a 30,000 square-foot Open Innovation Center (OIC). The OIC is a collaborative R&D environment that fosters creativity, synergy, and ultimately delivers innovative solutions to current and anticipated challenges. The OIC sets the standard for collaborative innovation and is dedicated to promoting research across the company. Riverside Research has additional research facilities in Boston, MA; New York, NY; Centreville, VA; and Champaign, IL.
Job Number: 755
*** We are offering a Sign-on bonus if hired ***
Riverside Research is seeking an experienced Business Analyst (BA) for an exciting opportunity within our Intel Community. A DTMI Business Analyst will perform a variety of activities centered on key competencies of identifying business needs and aligning strategies. The Business Analyst will combine this focus with an innate communications skill set to inform the Project Team of the Client’s needs, develop strategies to support functional and/or technical Product Owners (PO) in product delivery, and integrate requirements into workflows to ensure timely product delivery. Though experience working with technical teams developing machine learning products, database design and engineering, or cloud system architecture is desired, it is not required, as the BA filling the role will be working closely with DTMI technical teams.
All Riverside Research opportunities require U.S. Citizenship.
- supporting PO’s product delivery strategy by refining and grooming backlog stories with clear, well defined acceptance criteria that align with DTMI delivery strategy
- evaluate the Client’s business needs to develop User Stories to further identify technical requirements supporting data migration
- evaluate and decompose FPA’s SOPs and business needs, to identify functional and technical gaps for detailed requirements analysis
- elicit by survey, interview, etc., the FPA analytic community to support detailed modeling of FPA analysts workflows, and to facilitate requirements-analysis and -refinement
- establish best practices and business rules for analyst workflows, and develop technical and transitional strategies that address existing foundational intelligence business needs
- analyze, refine, and validate functional and technical requirements for integration into DTMI machine learning products, database design, cloud architecture, and/or data modelling delivery workflows
- integrate requirements to closely support the build, verification, application, and validation of machine learning algorithms as part of the extract, transform, and load (ETL) delivery workflow
- integrate requirements to closely support workflows producing logical, conceptual, and physical data models that fully describe current and future data relationships
- document validated requirements to maintain traceability, accountability, and serve as reference material for the Client
- inform the development of the solution strategy, develop narratives and high-level models describing the Client’s current Functional Production Area (FPA) business processes
- Other duties may include:
- identifying through dialogue and feedback with the Client, unknown or latent business needs (e.g., identification of external stakeholders) that either directly or tangentially effect MIDB migration performance
- conducting stakeholder engagements to develop trust and rapport to foster deeper understanding the Client’s stated business need of migrating the MIDB to the developing MARS Data Environment
- supporting testing and quality assurance activities at every machine learning algorithm stage (i.e., build, verify, apply, validate)
- developing internal process models to maintain the project team’s awareness of complex business process and workflow dependencies
- Current TS/SCI with ability to obtain CI Poly if currently does not possess
- Bachelor’s degree or 4 years of experience
- At least five years’ experience as an intelligence analyst
- Experience eliciting, analyzing, and documenting requirements in support of system, business, stakeholder, and user requirements.
- Having Business Analysis certification from a credible Business Analytics professional association or guild is desired
- A Top Secret security clearance with Full Scope (preferred) or Counter Intelligence Polygraph as determined by the government
Due to government contract/security clearance requirements, US Citizenship is required
Riverside Research does not mandate COVID vaccination as a condition of employment. However, proof of vaccination or negative test may be required to enter certain government facilities and sites. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site-specific requirements. To protect the health and safety of its employees, their families, and to comply with customer requirements, the company requires all employees to disclose vaccination status (upon hire).
Riverside Research strives to be one of America's premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. We continue to add experienced and technically astute staff who are highly motivated to help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers deliver world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented defense company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
Our EEO Policy
Riverside Research is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote without regard to race, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability/veteran, status as a protected veteran, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local law.
If you need assistance at any time in our application or interview process, please contact Human Resources at 937-427-7074 or email HR@RiversideResearch.org. A member of the HR team will be available to assist.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.
For more information on "EEO is the Law," please visit: