Riverside Research is an independent National Security Nonprofit dedicated to research and development in the national interest. With revenues of $125M+, and a staff of more than 630, Riverside Research provides high-end technical services, research and development, and prototype solutions to some of the country’s most challenging technical problems. Riverside Research also supports advanced technical education and collaborates widely with university researchers.
The company was formed from a respected research laboratory at Columbia University and has a current focus on technical areas including Radar systems, Optics and Photonics, Electromagnetics, Plasma physics, Geoint, Masint, Systems Engineering, and Modeling & Simulation.
Riverside Research’s open innovation R&D model encourages both internal and external collaboration to accelerate innovation, advance science, and expand market opportunities. In 2015, Riverside Research expanded its facility in Dayton, OH, adding a 30,000 square-foot Open Innovation Center (OIC). The OIC is a collaborative R&D environment that fosters creativity, synergy, and ultimately delivers innovative solutions to current and anticipated challenges. The OIC sets the standard for collaborative innovation and is dedicated to promoting research across the company. Riverside Research has additional research facilities in Boston, MA; New York, NY; Centreville, VA; and Champaign, IL.
Job Number: 851
Riverside Research is seeking a Junior Electronic Warfare Engineer to perform simulation of radar systems in support of Electronic Warfare systems testing. This position is located at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base.
This position is focused on simulation of radars and when existing models are incomplete, augmenting them based on intelligence databases. The work is part of an integrated team that analyzes the intelligence data, performs the simulations, programs additional capabilities as necessary, supports the end customers in the usage of the data.
All Riverside Research opportunities require U.S. Citizenship.
- Simulate RF systems software models
- Augment RF system models based on intelligence databases and reporting
- Shape data for RF test systems and associated test environment
- Prepare models and data to be accurate for platform geometries and motion
- Travel to Government site for delivery and collaboration, if applicable
- Integrate with and promote community standards
- Develop collaborative relationship with Government customer and other mission partners
- Other duties as assigned
- Active TS clearance with the ability to obtain SCI
- Bachelors in relevant field of study (i.e., Electrical Engineering, Physics, Computer Science, etc.)
- 1+ years of experience in RF design or testing
- Ability to communicate and brief to various levels of leadership and stakeholders
- Experience writing technical reports and findings
- Ability to manage time independently without direct supervision
- Knowledge of EWIRDB
- Operational experience as a radar engineer and/or EW analysis
- Experience with electronic attack and countermeasures
- Familiarity with electronic warfare integrated reprogramming (EWIR) or SIGINT collection & analysis
- Experience with intelligence production processes and workflows
- Experience with military aviation and software modeling
- 1+ years radar engineering experience
Riverside Research does not mandate COVID vaccination as a condition of employment. However, proof of vaccination or negative test may be required to enter certain government facilities and sites. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site-specific requirements. To protect the health and safety of its employees, their families, and to comply with customer requirements, the company requires all employees to disclose vaccination status (upon hire).
Riverside Research strives to be one of America's premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. We continue to add experienced and technically astute staff who are highly motivated to help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers deliver world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented defense company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
Our EEO Policy
Riverside Research is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote without regard to race, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability/veteran, status as a protected veteran, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local law.
If you need assistance at any time in our application or interview process, please contact Human Resources at 937-427-7074 or email HR@RiversideResearch.org. A member of the HR team will be available to assist.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.
For more information on "EEO is the Law," please visit: