Riverside Research is an independent National Security Nonprofit dedicated to research and development in the national interest. With revenues of $125M+, and a staff of more than 630, Riverside Research provides high-end technical services, research and development, and prototype solutions to some of the country’s most challenging technical problems. Riverside Research also supports advanced technical education and collaborates widely with university researchers.
The company was formed from a respected research laboratory at Columbia University and has a current focus on technical areas including Radar systems, Optics and Photonics, Electromagnetics, Plasma physics, Geoint, Masint, Systems Engineering, and Modeling & Simulation.
Riverside Research’s open innovation R&D model encourages both internal and external collaboration to accelerate innovation, advance science, and expand market opportunities. In 2015, Riverside Research expanded its facility in Dayton, OH, adding a 30,000 square-foot Open Innovation Center (OIC). The OIC is a collaborative R&D environment that fosters creativity, synergy, and ultimately delivers innovative solutions to current and anticipated challenges. The OIC sets the standard for collaborative innovation and is dedicated to promoting research across the company. Riverside Research has additional research facilities in Boston, MA; New York, NY; Centreville, VA; and Champaign, IL.
Job Number: 848
Riverside Research is a leading research organization involved in multiple state of the art fields including defense, telecommunications, and medical research, with a history of innovation. We are looking for a full-time Signals and Research Network Engineer as part of an Independent Research and Development (IRAD) team in our Beavercreek, OH research facility. The successful candidate will be a part of a multidisciplinary team that is developing new technology that would allow complex collaborative platforms to operate in concert at orders of magnitude higher speeds.
This is an exciting area of research with multiple applications including defense, space communications, radio astronomy, and industrial and financial control systems. You will be part of a team of RF engineers, advanced signal, system and circuit modelers and designers, and advanced embedded / FPGA and RFSoC systems developers. You will be involved with work on developing hardware and software to process complex waveforms, wireless networking, and interfacing with GPS and GNSS satellite systems and in GPS denied environments.
All Riverside Research opportunities require U.S. citizenship.
- Modeling and Simulation of Signal Processing chains using MATLAB and DSP software
- Research, analyze and create solutions to incorporate effects such as Doppler, Multipath, Fading and other Wireless Propagation impairments
- Knowledge of and ability to incorporate efficient Forward Error Correction solutions
- Ability to design with advanced military modulation waveforms
- Interact with hardware and software engineers on the team to create high performance high TRL level solutions
- Incorporate developed solutions within Networking frameworks
- Create technical reports, papers, presentations, and proposals
- Communicate and integrate with a team of driven professionals
- Create technical reports, papers, presentations, and proposals
- Participate, contribute and demonstrate compatibility with standards such as IEEE 1588 Precision Time Protocol (PTP).
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering with 5+ years of applicable experience
- 2+ years of demonstrated success in developing complex, high speed, signal analysis and synthesis RFSoC/FPGA platforms
- 2+ years of experience in developing communications systems hardware and software including DSP, FEC, with knowledge of the underlying communication theory and mathematics.
- Knowledge of a wide variety of embedded control systems and chips
- Excellent knowledge of fiber and 1/10/100 Gbps interfaces, and wireless networking protocols,
- Knowledge and experience with test and measurement instrumentation and software
- Ability to communicate within a team and externally to a variety of stakeholders to include presenting progress and updates
- Ability to write detailed technical analyses and reports and to contribute to technical proposals.
- PhD in Electrical Engineering or relevant years of experience as described above
- Experience with RF Transceivers, antennas, modulation and signal processing chains
- Knowledge of AI/ML processes
Riverside Research does not mandate COVID vaccination as a condition of employment. However, proof of vaccination or negative test may be required to enter certain government facilities and sites. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site-specific requirements. To protect the health and safety of its employees, their families, and to comply with customer requirements, the company requires all employees to disclose vaccination status (upon hire).
Riverside Research strives to be one of America's premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. We continue to add experienced and technically astute staff who are highly motivated to help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers deliver world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented defense company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
Our EEO Policy
Riverside Research is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote without regard to race, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability/veteran, status as a protected veteran, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local law.
If you need assistance at any time in our application or interview process, please contact Human Resources at 937-427-7074 or email HR@RiversideResearch.org. A member of the HR team will be available to assist.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.
For more information on "EEO is the Law," please visit: