Riverside Research is an independent National Security Nonprofit dedicated to research and development in the national interest. With revenues of $125M+, and a staff of more than 630, Riverside Research provides high-end technical services, research and development, and prototype solutions to some of the country’s most challenging technical problems. Riverside Research also supports advanced technical education and collaborates widely with university researchers.
The company was formed from a respected research laboratory at Columbia University and has a current focus on technical areas including Radar systems, Optics and Photonics, Electromagnetics, Plasma physics, Geoint, Masint, Systems Engineering, and Modeling & Simulation.
Riverside Research’s open innovation R&D model encourages both internal and external collaboration to accelerate innovation, advance science, and expand market opportunities. In 2015, Riverside Research expanded its facility in Dayton, OH, adding a 30,000 square-foot Open Innovation Center (OIC). The OIC is a collaborative R&D environment that fosters creativity, synergy, and ultimately delivers innovative solutions to current and anticipated challenges. The OIC sets the standard for collaborative innovation and is dedicated to promoting research across the company. Riverside Research has additional research facilities in Boston, MA; New York, NY; Centreville, VA; and Champaign, IL.
Job Number: 846
Riverside Research is seeking an Advanced Framework for Simulation, Integration, and Modeling (AFSIM) Developer in our Beavercreek, OH office. This position will collaborate within a team of engineers and customers to assist in implementing digital engineering across the weapons enterprise to grow and accelerate the transition of advanced technologies within the Department of Defense. A successful candidate will use the AFSIM tool for integrated flight simulations, autonomy implementations, and collaborative weapon system efforts.
All Riverside Research opportunities require U.S. Citizenship.
- Design and develop .dll and .so plugins to expand AFSIM’s built-in capabilities
- Design and develop code to create a hardware-in-the-loop connection to an AFSIM simulation via Distributed Integrated Simulation (DIS)
- Develop a basic simulation scenario to model weapon engagement of a missile or aircraft
- Decompose customer questions into analytic objectives, measures of performance and effectiveness, and apply the decomposition into modeling and simulation environments
- Analyze results of mission simulations to determine impact of key variables
- Collaborate with other team members and recommend solutions by studying analytical and information needs
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI clearance
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, or equivalent experience
- 2+ years experience modeling with AFSIM software
- C++ or similar programming language
- Proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities
- Experience composing documentation, reports, and briefings
- Ability to communicate work progress and briefings throughout various levels of internal and external leadership
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail
- Familiarity with weapon systems
- Statistical analysis experience
Riverside Research does not mandate COVID vaccination as a condition of employment. However, proof of vaccination or negative test may be required to enter certain government facilities and sites. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site-specific requirements. To protect the health and safety of its employees, their families, and to comply with customer requirements, the company requires all employees to disclose vaccination status (upon hire).
Riverside Research strives to be one of America's premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. We continue to add experienced and technically astute staff who are highly motivated to help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers deliver world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented defense company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
Our EEO Policy
Riverside Research is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote without regard to race, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability/veteran, status as a protected veteran, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local law.
If you need assistance at any time in our application or interview process, please contact Human Resources at 937-427-7074 or email HR@RiversideResearch.org. A member of the HR team will be available to assist.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.
For more information on "EEO is the Law," please visit: