Riverside Research is an independent National Security Nonprofit dedicated to research and development in the national interest. With revenues of $125M+, and a staff of more than 630, Riverside Research provides high-end technical services, research and development, and prototype solutions to some of the country’s most challenging technical problems. Riverside Research also supports advanced technical education and collaborates widely with university researchers.
The company was formed from a respected research laboratory at Columbia University and has a current focus on technical areas including Radar systems, Optics and Photonics, Electromagnetics, Plasma physics, Geoint, Masint, Systems Engineering, and Modeling & Simulation.
Riverside Research’s open innovation R&D model encourages both internal and external collaboration to accelerate innovation, advance science, and expand market opportunities. In 2015, Riverside Research expanded its facility in Dayton, OH, adding a 30,000 square-foot Open Innovation Center (OIC). The OIC is a collaborative R&D environment that fosters creativity, synergy, and ultimately delivers innovative solutions to current and anticipated challenges. The OIC sets the standard for collaborative innovation and is dedicated to promoting research across the company. Riverside Research has additional research facilities in Boston, MA; New York, NY; Centreville, VA; and Champaign, IL.
Job Number: 829
Riverside Research is seeking a Site Service Engineer to support the development and deployment of its satellite collection planning application at the National Geospatial Intelligence (NGA) Agency. The Site Service Engineer is responsible for day-to-day operational support, troubleshooting, and site communication; supporting development team with software installations and transition to operations events; installation of software and database upgrades in customer environment. The candidate will work with our innovative development team and solve complex problems to build a mission planning system & software to meet national security objectives.
All Riverside Research opportunities require U.S. Citizenship.
- Provide on-site technical support to customer and user community
- Support troubleshooting of networking, software, security problems related to configuration or use of SW application by users
- Work with customers and the CPS technical team (engineering leads, software engineers, program managers, and testers) to capture problem details, communicate issue to stakeholders, and resolve or work with team to develop solutions and deploy solutions
- Use best industry practices in developing, documenting, testing, and deploying software solutions
- Work with and train collection analysts on use of mission planning application
- Understand Agile development and effectively participate in Scrum meetings
- Support deployment of software applications to IT environments and checkout activities
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be able to obtain TS/SCI clearance with CI/Poly
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, physics, mathematics, engineering, or equivalent experience
- Familiarity working with relational databases (preferably Oracle)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Solid communication and cross-discipline collaboration skills
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, responsible team player able to work independently with minimal daily direction; effective/efficient written/verbal communication skills
- Experience with GEOINT satellites, satellite sensor systems, mission planning, or similar domain knowledge.
- Experience with Red Hat Linux and Windows Based environments
- Understanding of orbital mechanics and satellite modeling (collection planning and space situational awareness experience, preferred)
- Understanding of cloud-based architectures and technologies
- Experience with Atlassian tools (JIRA, Confluence, BitBucket)
- Experience with agile methodologies, such as scrum or SAFe
- Ability to capture User Experience needs, wants, and prioritize requests
Riverside Research does not mandate COVID vaccination as a condition of employment. However, proof of vaccination or negative test may be required to enter certain government facilities and sites. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site-specific requirements. To protect the health and safety of its employees, their families, and to comply with customer requirements, the company requires all employees to disclose vaccination status (upon hire).
Riverside Research strives to be one of America's premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. We continue to add experienced and technically astute staff who are highly motivated to help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers deliver world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented defense company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
Our EEO Policy
Riverside Research is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote without regard to race, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability/veteran, status as a protected veteran, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local law.
If you need assistance at any time in our application or interview process, please contact Human Resources at 937-427-7074 or email HR@RiversideResearch.org. A member of the HR team will be available to assist.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.
For more information on "EEO is the Law," please visit: