Riverside Research is an independent National Security Nonprofit dedicated to research and development in the national interest. With revenues of $125M+, and a staff of more than 630, Riverside Research provides high-end technical services, research and development, and prototype solutions to some of the country’s most challenging technical problems. Riverside Research also supports advanced technical education and collaborates widely with university researchers.
The company was formed from a respected research laboratory at Columbia University and has a current focus on technical areas including Radar systems, Optics and Photonics, Electromagnetics, Plasma physics, Geoint, Masint, Systems Engineering, and Modeling & Simulation.
Riverside Research’s open innovation R&D model encourages both internal and external collaboration to accelerate innovation, advance science, and expand market opportunities. In 2015, Riverside Research expanded its facility in Dayton, OH, adding a 30,000 square-foot Open Innovation Center (OIC). The OIC is a collaborative R&D environment that fosters creativity, synergy, and ultimately delivers innovative solutions to current and anticipated challenges. The OIC sets the standard for collaborative innovation and is dedicated to promoting research across the company. Riverside Research has additional research facilities in Boston, MA; New York, NY; Centreville, VA; and Champaign, IL.
Job Number: 792
Riverside Research is looking for a someone to conduct site surveys with prime contractors to design the most efficient maintenance organizational structure supporting the Commercial Derivative Aircraft and its sub-systems. Assesses requirements for manpower, facilities, tools, equipment, and spares. Collaborates with Air Combat Command A4 offices to determine maintenance reporting requirements. Collaborates with Big Safari Financial Management and Contracting offices to optimize CLS contract structure to facilitate Air Force financial reporting requirements. Assists Sustainment Manager in leadership and management of the Logistics Integrated Product Team (Log IPT). Provides programmatic oversight and guidance on contract logistics support, and acquisition logistics activities for the overall program. Tracks contractor performance of maintenance activities to include aircraft depot maintenance, component repair, technical data sustainment, and software maintenance. As a liaison to HQ ACC/A4I EC-130H WST, reports to the Program Office to provide customer insights, and react quickly to new or emerging requirements. Provides a conduit to facilitate, and expedite information flow between Big Safari, ACC, and the operational users.
All Riverside Research opportunities require U.S. Citizenship.
- Conducts site surveys, and recommends most efficient maintenance organization to maintain commercial aircraft. Establishes criteria for accomplishment of aircraft maintenance at depot level.
- Assists in management and leadership of Compass Call Logistics Integrated Product Team Responsible for providing logistical expertise and technical support to COMPASS CALL program
- Defines, develops, documents, and coordinates Compass Call Weapon System Sustainment requirements
- Collects and analyzes aircraft Maintenance Performance Indicators, and makes recommendations to Program Managers to improve aircraft reliability and maintainability
- Reviews daily aircraft status and briefs 645 AESG senior leadership to ensure they have current information concerning operating locations, on-going maintenance or support actions, and any limiting factors that could lead to mission degradations or schedule changes
- Facilitates in the resolution of maintenance, depot/modification schedules, and maintenance training issues associated with testing, fielding, and integration of new Electronic Attack and quick reaction capabilities in COMPASS CALL. Develops and facilitates the necessary interaction between the contractor and ACC customer to ensure COMPASS CALL Operational and Maintenance Technical data meet the required standards
- Reviews and recommends changes or additions to Air Force Requirements Documents, Design Operational Capability Statements, Statements of Work, Technical Order changes, Interim Technical Order changes and Suggestions Prepares briefings on logistical support projects and historical aircraft maintenance data
- Collaborates in the evaluation of associated test plans, procedures, test results, and logistical support issues Prepares and coordinates briefings, reports, decision papers, and acquisition program documentation
- Identifies the correct personnel from the MAJCOMs for coordination of technical data, training materials, support equipment reviews and evaluations
- Monitors technology, analyzes proposals, and evaluates concepts to determine technical feasibility and military applicability of aircraft support equipment and aircraft maintenance support plans
- Possess a Top Secret security clearance supported by SBI
- Assist as required with processing classified information/hardware to include Top Secret (TS) and Special Access Required (SAR) programs.
- A current TOP SECRECT Security Clearance
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management or related discipline
- Associate’s Degree in Avionics Technology or other aircraft maintenance discipline
- DOD Level 1 Certification for Logistics Acquisition or equivalent experience and education
- At least 6 years of Major Command staff duty while on active military duty
- At least 15 years of overall logistics experience in the EC-130H weapon system to include deployment locations, deployment strategies and sustainment requirements at forward operating locations
- At least 10 years of operation/field experience with C-130 aircraft
- A proven record in complex problem solving, effective communication, decision-making, financial management, program and production management abilities
- Current in Air Force maintenance and logistics support concepts
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office products, USAF WSMS and CAFDEx
- Familiar with USAF logistic information/support systems such as IMDS and REMIS
- Familiar with commercial logistics information/support systems such as Gulfstream’s CMP
Riverside Research does not mandate COVID vaccination as a condition of employment. However, proof of vaccination or negative test may be required to enter certain government facilities and sites. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site-specific requirements. To protect the health and safety of its employees, their families, and to comply with customer requirements, the company requires all employees to disclose vaccination status (upon hire).
Riverside Research strives to be one of America's premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. We continue to add experienced and technically astute staff who are highly motivated to help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers deliver world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented defense company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
Our EEO Policy
Riverside Research is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote without regard to race, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability/veteran, status as a protected veteran, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local law.
If you need assistance at any time in our application or interview process, please contact Human Resources at 937-427-7074 or email HR@RiversideResearch.org. A member of the HR team will be available to assist.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.
For more information on "EEO is the Law," please visit: