Riverside Research is an independent National Security Nonprofit dedicated to research and development in the national interest. With revenues of $125M+, and a staff of more than 630, Riverside Research provides high-end technical services, research and development, and prototype solutions to some of the country’s most challenging technical problems. Riverside Research also supports advanced technical education and collaborates widely with university researchers.
The company was formed from a respected research laboratory at Columbia University and has a current focus on technical areas including Radar systems, Optics and Photonics, Electromagnetics, Plasma physics, Geoint, Masint, Systems Engineering, and Modeling & Simulation.
Riverside Research’s open innovation R&D model encourages both internal and external collaboration to accelerate innovation, advance science, and expand market opportunities. In 2015, Riverside Research expanded its facility in Dayton, OH, adding a 30,000 square-foot Open Innovation Center (OIC). The OIC is a collaborative R&D environment that fosters creativity, synergy, and ultimately delivers innovative solutions to current and anticipated challenges. The OIC sets the standard for collaborative innovation and is dedicated to promoting research across the company. Riverside Research has additional research facilities in Boston, MA; New York, NY; Centreville, VA; and Champaign, IL.
Job Number: 773
Riverside Research is seeking a Software Product Manager to support the National Air & Space Intelligence Center (NASIC) at Wright-Patterson AFB, OH. The Software Product Manager will perform market analysis, develop product visions, and ensure product teams are delivering products of the highest value. The Product Manager works closely with Product Teams to ensure they understand the market, the proposed solution, and the definition of success. The Product Manager will fulfill responsibilities of the Government Product Owner as a proxy.
All Riverside Research opportunities require U.S. Citizenship.
- Understand and represent user needs
- Monitor the market and develop competitive analyses
- Define a vision for a product
- Align stakeholders around the vision for the product
- Prioritize product features and capabilities
- Creating a shared knowledge across teams to empower independent decision-making
- Other duties as assigned
- Top Secret clearance with SCI adjudication
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, information technology, physics, mathematics, or related fields with at least 5 years’ experience
- Experience with multiple levels of software applications from the enterprise level to individual user level
- 5+ years of experience working in the Scrum framework
- Experience with continuous integration/ continuous development (CI/CD)
- Experience using Jira and Confluence
- Five years+ of experience working with the Department of Defense (DoD) and/or Intelligence Community (IC)
- Self-motivated, detail oriented, responsible team player able to work independently with minimal daily direction; effective/efficient written/verbal communication skills in fast paced, collaborative environment
- Experience working at the National Air and Space Intelligence Center (NASIC)
- CSPO - Certified Scrum Product Owner
- 15 years+ of experience in the software development field
- 15 years+ of experience working with the Department of Defense (DoD) and/or Intelligence Community (IC)
- Five years+ of experience working as a Scrum Product Owner
Riverside Research does not mandate COVID vaccination as a condition of employment. However, proof of vaccination or negative test may be required to enter certain government facilities and sites. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site-specific requirements. To protect the health and safety of its employees, their families, and to comply with customer requirements, the company requires all employees to disclose vaccination status (upon hire).
Riverside Research strives to be one of America's premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. We continue to add experienced and technically astute staff who are highly motivated to help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers deliver world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented defense company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
Our EEO Policy
Riverside Research is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote without regard to race, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability/veteran, status as a protected veteran, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local law.
If you need assistance at any time in our application or interview process, please contact Human Resources at 937-427-7074 or email HR@RiversideResearch.org. A member of the HR team will be available to assist.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.
For more information on "EEO is the Law," please visit: