Job Number: 493
Riverside Research is seeking a Radio Frequency Engineer Lead to support software development and signal processing initiatives with a focus on satellite-based radio navigation. This position will work as the senior technical member of multiple teams consisting of software engineers, electrical engineers, and researchers to enhance and develop Software Defined Radio (SDR) solutions and advance state-of-the-art software implemented data links, wireless networks, as well as Position, Navigation, and Timing (PNT). The engineer will leverage multi-disciplinary expertise in areas such as: algorithms, data acquisition, signal analysis and processing, software engineering, and Universal Software Radio Peripheral (USRP) hardware. This position will be responsible for mentoring an engineering team across varying levels of skills and expertise.
All Riverside Research opportunities require U.S. Citizenship.
- Review current systems and develop strategies to integrate new capabilities
- Produce detailed specifications software requirements
- Guide and document the technical approach, development, and execution of individual team projects
- Develop, maintain, adjust, and report on project schedules and timelines
- Assign tasks and responsibilities for team members to meet project timelines
- Provide mentorship to the engineering team
- Develop and maintain customer relationships throughout all levels of leadership
- Collaborate with the government customer to identify on-contract growth opportunities
- Provide domain subject matter expertise on Request for Information (RFI), white paper, and proposal responses
- Lead proposal capture efforts to maintain and grow contracts with existing and new customers
- Collaborate internally to expand RF business portfolio
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or other related STEM degree or equivalent years of experience
- 7+ years of experience in RF design or testing
- 5+ years of experience in Position, Navigation, and Timing
- 3+ years of experience developing software in C++ or other object-oriented language
- 3+ years of experience in Signal Processing of streaming data
- Experience with N-way wireless data link system implementation and operations
- Experience writing technical reports
- Experience creating and briefing presentations to a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Active security clearance
- GPS or navigation experience
- Experience in signal processing of GNSS or other RF waveforms
- Experience working in the Red Hawk software defined radio (SDR) environment
- Experience with Ettus USRPs and other RF digitizers and synthesizers
- Expertise in current computer hardware and software systems
- Experience with PNT Assurance
Riverside Research strives to be one of America's premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. We continue to add experienced and technically astute staff who are highly motivated to help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers deliver world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented defense company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
Our EEO Policy
Riverside Research is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote without regard to race, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability/veteran, status as a protected veteran, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local law.
If you need assistance at any time in our application or interview process, please contact Human Resources at 937-427-7074 or email HR@RiversideResearch.org. A member of the HR team will be available to assist.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.
For more information on "EEO is the Law," please visit: