Job Number: 492
Riverside Research, one of America’s premier not-for-profit providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise, is seeking an experienced, outgoing technical leader for a full-time Solutions Architect role. This position will develop technical solutions, participate in the identification and development of new opportunities, managing program captures, proposals and strategic planning. The selected candidate will work a research and development portfolio that encompasses a variety of technical areas which includes Digital Engineering (DE), Open Architecture (OA), agile software practices, and Modeling & Simulation (M&S) among others.
This position will be responsible for fully understanding Riverside Research’s capabilities, expertise, and experience and for translating those into the highest rated technical solutions.
All Riverside Research opportunities require U.S. Citizenship.
- Engage with customers to understand their mission needs and requirements
- Lead technical team to design solutions to meet customer mission needs
- Explain technical issues and solution strategies to customers and stakeholders
- Provide architecture guidance to program execution teams
- Identify and mitigate existing or potential business risks associated with solution architecture
- Lead the preparation of whitepapers, proposals, demonstrations, and presentations to clearly communicate our technical value
- Collaborate across the company to bring together innovative technical approaches to opportunities
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, science, or other related discipline
- 5+ years experience developing solutions for DoD customers
- Extensive knowledge and experience in architecting technical solutions for the DoD in one or more of the following areas digital engineering, open architecture, agile software development, and/or modeling & simulation
- Project management skills and experience
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships throughout all levels of leadership both internally and with DoD customers
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills: an ability to translate between business / mission needs and technical engineering language
- Experience developing technical strategies for capturing and securing contract awards in the DoD within a relevant technical field
- Experience performing technical business development within the DoD community
- Experience with proposals/whitepapers, strategy development, and Government acquisition/contracting
- Ability to work independently and effectively in a dynamic and collaborative team environment
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance
- Ability to support occasional travel
- Master’s in electrical, systems, computer engineering or related discipline
- Active Secret security clearance
Riverside Research strives to be one of America's premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. We continue to add experienced and technically astute staff who are highly motivated to help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers deliver world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented defense company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
Our EEO Policy
Riverside Research is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote without regard to race, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability/veteran, status as a protected veteran, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local law.
If you need assistance at any time in our application or interview process, please contact Human Resources at 937-427-7074 or email HR@RiversideResearch.org. A member of the HR team will be available to assist.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.
For more information on "EEO is the Law," please visit: