Riverside Research is seeking a Senior Cloud Architect to provide support to the NASIC Geospatial and Signatures Group and its Processing, Exploitation, and Dissemination (PED) modernization initiative. The goal of this initiative is to modernize PED systems through improved acquisition, technical process improvement, and enhanced capabilities leveraging enabling cloud-based, service-oriented architecture approaches, modern software development methods and tools, and using modern Systems Engineering digital model-based constructs and tools. The Senior Cloud Architect will work with a team of program, acquisition, and systems engineering professionals to augment the government team in applying technical understanding and evaluation of proposed PED modernization, architecture, concepts, designs and implementation.
The Senior Cloud Architect will need to have a foundational understanding of delivering scalable hybrid cloud-based enterprise solutions supporting intelligence analysis, automation, AI/ML, and DevSecOps activities. The ideal candidate will also have an understanding of cloud-based technologies and experience in transitioning legacy data and systems into a modernized hybrid cloud-based micro services-based architecture.
All Riverside Research opportunities require U.S. Citizenship.
• Identify the best cloud technology solutions to successfully meet the strategic architecture needs of the organization
• Assess legacy mission infrastructure and functions to determine best candidates for transition to a cloud-based solution
• Collaborate with multiple organizations with similar and diverging requirements on cloud architecture & strategy
• Evaluate new cloud technologies and makes substantiated recommendations for improvement
• Regularly evaluate existing cloud infrastructure to identify risks or opportunities for improvement
• Develop cross-domain solutions to manage the transfer of unclassified software and data to classified networks
• Support continuous integration/continuous testing/continuous delivery (CI/CT/CD) software development processes in a hybrid cloud environment
• Support prototyping & troubleshooting of complex systems spanning between on- and off-premises cloud environments
• Offer guidance in capability/service movement techniques, including bulk application transfers into the cloud
• Be part of an agile team to cross functional boundaries and mentor others on cloud services
• Identify and proselytize best practices for Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS), Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS), & Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) cloud solutions
• Document engineering standards, proposals, and/or recommendations for system design, engineering changes, and configuration management relating to cloud infrastructure
• Prepare and present detailed roadmaps and plans to transition to the defined end-state cloud architecture; estimate cloud total cost of ownership (TCO) and potential return on investment (ROI)
• Assist in the development of required organizational processes and structure for cloud adoption & management
• Assist in the development and training of client personnel for adoption and management of cloud assets
• Document current and facilitate future MASINT processing, exploitation, and dissemination (PED) architectures and networks to support community acquisition efforts and prepare a program plan that lays out an integrated approach
• Other duties as assigned
• Top Secret clearance with SCI adjudication
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, information technology, information systems, or related technical fields with at least two years of cloud design experience
• Minimum of 3 years of experience designing, executing, managing, and supporting IT cloud solutions using Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS), or Google Cloud Platform
• Experience developing, managing, or using DevSecOps environments
• Knowledge of software architecture methodologies, patterns and documentation, including micro-services, client-server, n-tier, service-oriented and others.
• Experience with commercial or open-source software tools and platforms, such as SQL, Kubernetes, Spark, Hadoop, Scala, Kafka, Redshift, Docker, and Linux
• Experience working with Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS), Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS), & Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) paradigms for providing network, compute and storage services, integration services, logic apps, and search
• A self-starter, detail-oriented, responsible team player able to administer several ongoing technical assignments at any one time; where some assignments are routinely unstructured, requiring autonomy, problem solving, and independent judgment
• Ability to clearly articulate a position (written or verbal) with sound logic, supporting empirical evidence, and impartiality
• Ability to work and interact with technically and organizationally diverse personnel
• Familiarity with the application of Enterprise Architectural frameworks (such as DoDAF) and views as part of digital model development
• Master’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, information technology, information systems, or related technical fields with at least two years of cloud design experience
• Minimum of 5 years of experience w/Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS), or Google Cloud Platform
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in systems engineering in a corporate / enterprise IT environment
• AWS, Google Cloud, or Azure certifications highly desired (e.g. in areas of cloud architecture, data services, and security)
• Practical experience with architecture, implementation, and operation of complex multi-vendor, multi-server network infrastructures in support of a mission-critical enterprise environment
• Experience with hybrid (on- and off-premises) and multiple cloud provider environments and advanced cloud security and migrations
• Experience with Application Programming Interfaces (APIs), orchestration, automation, and databases
• Background in building or designing Web services in the cloud Knowledge of IT server, client, storage, and network technologies
Riverside Research strives to be one of America's premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. We continue to add experienced and technically astute staff who are highly motivated to help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers deliver world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented defense company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
Riverside Research remains committed to the safety of our employees and customers. Under Executive Order 14042, effective January 4, 2022, all Riverside Research employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Fully vaccinated means at least two weeks after the final shot in the required timing and dosage. Riverside Research will grant reasonable accommodation to those where a medical or religious exemption has been approved by the company. Newly hired employees must be fully vaccinated by January 4, 2022, unless an approved accommodation has been granted by Riverside Research. All new hires starting after January 4, 2022 must be fully vaccinated by their start date.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
Our EEO Policy
Riverside Research is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote without regard to race, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability/veteran, status as a protected veteran, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local law.
If you need assistance at any time in our application or interview process, please contact Human Resources at 937-427-7074 or email HR@RiversideResearch.org. A member of the HR team will be available to assist.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.
For more information on "EEO is the Law," please visit: