Riverside Research is seeking an Embedded Security Engineer to work alongside our US Air Force (USAF) and Department of Defense (DoD) partners to develop tamper protected microelectronic devices and intellectual property (IP). You will be embedded with the USAF team to learn state-of-the-art attacks and countermeasures, attend technical interchange meetings, perform laboratory evaluations, and provide critical feedback throughout the product development life cycle to ensure successful outcomes. The ideal candidate is an organized, self-starter, capable of contributing to multiple projects in parallel, and eager to learn. This position is located at WPAFB, Ohio.
All Riverside Research opportunities require U.S. Citizenship.
- Attends technology interchange meetings at DoD and contractor sites
- Provides subject matter expertise in state-of-the-art implementation attacks
- Interacts with third-party vendors to collect appropriate source information
- Analyzes secure architectures to identify vulnerabilities
- Develops and implements plans for accomplishing DoD technology development goals
- Documents findings in technical reports and presentations
- Develops, maintains, adjusts, and reports on project schedules and timelines
- Attends conferences to understand new attacks and protections
- Travel between 10-50% of time anticipated
- Other duties as assigned
- Active Top Secret security clearance
- BS +4 years, MS +2 years, or PhD with 0 years of industry experience in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or comparable STEM field
- Experience with Verilog, VHDL, or SystemC
- Experience designing or working with security features of FPGAs or ASICs
- Experience bare-metal programming microcontrollers or microprocessors
- Proficiency in C, C++, or Python
- Proficient in creating technical reports and presentations
- Willing to travel for multi-day meetings and conferences
- Strong understanding of cryptographic algorithms and protocols
- Strong understanding of implementation attacks including side-channel, glitching, etc.
- Experience implementing side-channel countermeasures
- Understanding of sub-100 nm CMOS and FinFET device fabrication, assembly, and packaging including 3DICs
- Experience working in an R&D environment solving open-ended problems
- Experience in project management including scheduling and reporting
Riverside Research strives to be one of America's premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. We continue to add experienced and technically astute staff who are highly motivated to help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers deliver world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented defense company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
Riverside Research remains committed to the safety of our employees and customers. Under Executive Order 14042, effective January 4, 2022, all Riverside Research employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Fully vaccinated means at least two weeks after the final shot in the required timing and dosage. Riverside Research will grant reasonable accommodation to those where a medical or religious exemption has been approved by the company. Newly hired employees must be fully vaccinated by January 4, 2022, unless an approved accommodation has been granted by Riverside Research. All new hires starting after January 4, 2022 must be fully vaccinated by their start date.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
Our EEO Policy
Riverside Research is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote without regard to race, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability/veteran, status as a protected veteran, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local law.
If you need assistance at any time in our application or interview process, please contact Human Resources at 937-427-7074 or email HR@RiversideResearch.org. A member of the HR team will be available to assist.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.
For more information on "EEO is the Law," please visit: