Riverside Research is seeking a Data Modeler in our Dayton, OH location to support the development of a Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) transitional modernized database for foundational military intelligence (FMI). The Data Modeler will work as part of an integrated team consisting of ISR mission subject matter experts, database developers, data scientists, and application testers to create and implement a comprehensive, scalable, flexible, and rigorous artificial intelligence/machine learning (AI/ML)-ready analytic data environment. The Data Modeler will be responsible for creating conceptual, logical, and physical data models based upon data requirements captured thru iterative engagements with DIA and other intelligence community (IC) analysts. This position requires occasional travel to gain an understanding of customer challenges and the complex environment in which they operate.
All Riverside Research opportunities require U.S. Citizenship.
- Works with Mission and MIDB production SMEs to analyze, discover, define and document current MIDB databases’ data structures organized around objects that relate to the infrastructure mission.
- Redesigns the data model using requirements and guidance provided by the Government and migrating the data into the new data models.
- Applies Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML models) to identify data values from disparate source systems that are null or incorrect.
- Understand and translate business needs into data models supporting long-term solutions for relational and object-oriented databases.
- Work with database team to implement data strategies, build data flows and develop conceptual data models.
- Create logical and physical data models using best practices to ensure high data quality and reduced redundancy.
- Optimize/update logical and physical data models to support the new requirements.
- Maintain conceptual, logical and physical data models along with corresponding metadata.
- Create data cataloging capabilities
- Develop best practices for standard naming conventions and coding practices to ensure consistency of data models.
- Recommend opportunities for reuse of data models in new environments. Perform reverse engineering of physical data models from databases and SQL scripts.
- Evaluate data models and physical databases for variances and discrepancies. Validate business data objects for accuracy and completeness.
- Analyze data-related system integration challenges and propose appropriate solutions.
- Develop data models according to best practices.
- TS/SCI Clearance required (ability to obtain CI Poly).
- Bachelors degree.
- 2-5 years of experience in data modeling principles/methods including conceptual, logical & physical Data Models.
- TS/SCI with CI Poly preferred.
- Prior experience with PostgreSQL
- Knowledge/experience with Data Modeler Tools such as Erwin, ER/Studio, or any native DB modeling tools SQL DB Diagrams, MySQL Workbench, etc.
- Knowledge of metadata management, data modeling, and related tools (Erwin or ER Studio, or others).
Riverside Research strives to be one of America's premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. We continue to add experienced and technically astute staff who are highly motivated to help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers deliver world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented defense company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
Riverside Research remains committed to the safety of our employees and customers. Under Executive Order 14042, effective January 4, 2022, all Riverside Research employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Fully vaccinated means at least two weeks after the final shot in the required timing and dosage. Riverside Research will grant reasonable accommodation to those where a medical or religious exemption has been approved by the company. Newly hired employees must be fully vaccinated by January 4, 2022, unless an approved accommodation has been granted by Riverside Research. All new hires starting after January 4, 2022 must be fully vaccinated by their start date.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
Our EEO Policy
Riverside Research is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote without regard to race, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability/veteran, status as a protected veteran, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local law.
If you need assistance at any time in our application or interview process, please contact Human Resources at 937-427-7074 or email HR@RiversideResearch.org. A member of the HR team will be available to assist.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.
For more information on "EEO is the Law," please visit: