Riverside Research is a leading research organization involved in multiple state of the art fields including defense, telecommunications, and medical research, with a history of innovation. We are looking for a full-time FPGA Design / RFSoc Engineer as part of an Independent Research and Development (IRAD) team in our Beavercreek, OH research facility. The successful candidate will be a part of a multidisciplinary team that is developing new technology that would allow complex collaborative platforms to operate in concert at orders of magnitude higher speeds.
This is an exciting area of research with multiple applications including defense, space communications, radio astronomy, and industrial and financial control systems. You will be part of a team of RF engineers, advanced signal, system and circuit modelers and designers, and advanced embedded / FPGA systems developers. You will be involved with work on complex waveforms and GPS and GNSS satellite systems.
All Riverside Research opportunities require U.S. citizenship.
- Develop a variety of critical elements for the FPGA designs associated with networking and signal processing aspects of the IRAD project
- Create FPGA and RFSoC Gen I/III firmware to process Ethernet and SyncE networked signals to extract complex signals and to retrieve clock information and phase with picosecond accuracies
- Work with multiple generations of XILINX and other FPGA / embedded processor architectures and operating firmware and peripherals including Vivado and VITIS tools
- Build breadboards, prototypes and demonstration platforms, and have the ability to clone and replicate existing older generation FPGA based cores
- Create technical reports, papers, presentations, and proposals
- Participate in and contribute to standards setting organizations such as IEEE 1588
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or relevant years of experience
- 2+ years of demonstrated success in developing complex, high speed, signal analysis and synthesis FPGA platforms
- Knowledge of a wide variety of embedded control systems and chips
- Excellent knowledge of fiber and 10/100/1000 GBPS interfaces
- Knowledge and experience with test and measurement instrumentation and software
- Ability to communicate within a team and externally to a variety of stakeholders to include presenting progress and updates
- MS degree or PhD in electrical engineering or relevant years of experience
Riverside Research strives to be one of America's premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. We continue to add experienced and technically astute staff who are highly motivated to help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers deliver world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented defense company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
Riverside Research remains committed to the safety of our employees and customers. Under Executive Order 14042, effective January 4, 2022, all Riverside Research employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Fully vaccinated means at least two weeks after the final shot in the required timing and dosage. Riverside Research will grant reasonable accommodation to those where a medical or religious exemption has been approved by the company. Newly hired employees must be fully vaccinated by January 4, 2022, unless an approved accommodation has been granted by Riverside Research. All new hires starting after January 4, 2022 must be fully vaccinated by their start date.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
Our EEO Policy
Riverside Research is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote without regard to race, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability/veteran, status as a protected veteran, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local law.
If you need assistance at any time in our application or interview process, please contact Human Resources at 937-427-7074 or email HR@RiversideResearch.org. A member of the HR team will be available to assist.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.
For more information on "EEO is the Law," please visit: