Riverside Research is seeking an Aerospace Engineer. We are an R&D organization with core competencies in modeling and simulation; orchestrated space and airborne planning; mission resilience; ISR systems engineering; novel collection techniques; and sensor technology. This position will support the planning, developing, organizing, coordinating, and conducting organizational activities to ensure our software solutions are integrated, tested, documented, and delivered using Agile practices.
You will have an opportunity to support development efforts to include the promotion of innovative enterprise, cloud, scalable, and application-based solutions for mission management, command and control, and collection orchestration along with premier operations and sustainment capabilities of intelligence programs in support of national security.
All Riverside Research opportunities require U.S. Citizenship.
- Validate and verify technical characteristics and performance of airborne and space-based platforms and sensors
- Translate operational needs into technical requirements through software design, code, and testing; prepare supporting documentation
- Work closely with engineering leads, software engineers, program managers, and testers to design, develop and deploy software solutions to meet our customers’ problem set
- Support the development of prototype projects related to collection orchestration, sensor technology, novel collection techniques, and commercial solutions
- Understand Agile development and effectively participate in Scrum meetings
- Use best industry practices in designing, developing, documenting, testing, and deploying their design
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be clearable (able to obtain and maintain a clearance up to the TS/SCI CI Poly level)
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline, preferably in Aerospace Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science, or Systems Engineering
- 4+ years of experience with airborne and/or satellite platforms, sensor systems, collection planning, or similar domain knowledge; experience with Systems Toolkit preferred
- Demonstrated initiative, sound judgment, and ability to work independently and as a team player
- Excellent communication, problem-solving, time-management, and organizational skills
- Active TS with SCI eligibility within the last 2 years (able to obtain CI Poly) OR Active TS/SCI CI Poly
- Master’s degree or higher in a technical discipline, preferably in Aerospace Engineering, Computer Science, Systems Engineering, Physics, or Mathematics
- Experience with Air Force, Department of Defense and/or Intelligence Community collection planning processes
- Understanding of advanced software solutions and other technologies such as cyber security, AI/ML, etc.
- Experience with SAFe/Agile processes
Riverside Research strives to be one of America's premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. We continue to add experienced and technically astute staff who are highly motivated to help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers deliver world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented defense company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
Riverside Research remains committed to the safety of our employees and customers. Under Executive Order 14042, effective January 4, 2022, all Riverside Research employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Fully vaccinated means at least two weeks after the final shot in the required timing and dosage. Riverside Research will grant reasonable accommodation to those where a medical or religious exemption has been approved by the company. Newly hired employees must be fully vaccinated by January 4, 2022, unless an approved accommodation has been granted by Riverside Research. All new hires starting after January 4, 2022 must be fully vaccinated by their start date.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
Our EEO Policy
Riverside Research is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote without regard to race, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability/veteran, status as a protected veteran, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local law.
If you need assistance at any time in our application or interview process, please contact Human Resources at 937-427-7074 or email HR@RiversideResearch.org. A member of the HR team will be available to assist.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.
For more information on "EEO is the Law," please visit: