Riverside Research is seeking a Program Manager to oversee its satellite collection planning application development team! Riverside Research prides itself on delivering efficient, effective solutions and the key to our success is our talented Program Managers. We are an R&D organization with core competencies in modeling and simulation; orchestrated space and airborne planning; mission resilience; intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance (ISR) systems engineering; novel collection techniques; and sensor technology. We are looking for an experienced Program Manager to organize and coordinate software development and sustainment projects across multiple teammates. This position will be responsible for all management functions involving planning, developing, organizing, coordinating, and conducting organizational activities to ensure our software solutions are integrated, tested, documented, and delivered using agile practices.
The ideal candidate will have a sharp business mind, be an excellent leader, and the proven ability to manage technical staff, consultants, and sub-contractors to produce software solutions in a cost-effective, timely manner. Ultimately, you are motivated by the desire to deliver critical solutions and nurture your team’s success. The incumbent will support other development efforts to include the promotion of innovative enterprise, cloud, scalable, and application-based solutions for mission management, command and control, and collection orchestration along with premier operations and sustainment capabilities of space-based programs in support of national security.
All Riverside Research opportunities require U.S. Citizenship.
- Work closely with the customer, cross-functional teams, and assigned engineers to plan and develop scope, deliverables, resources, work plan, budget, and schedule
- Lead, mentor, evaluate, train, and coach an engineering team with a diverse array of talents and responsibilities
- Understand Agile development and effectively participate in Scrum meetings
- Maintain organizational standards of satisfaction, quality, and performance
- Execute with minimal oversight program management duties, including managing day-to-day operations, maintaining work plans and timelines, tracking and managing program budgets, preparing status reports/briefs, and ensuring program status is communicated to all stakeholders
- Manage subcontracting, consulting, and procurement activities for assigned programs
- Assess program issues and develop resolutions to meet schedule, quality, and quantity customer goals
- Identify and capture new business or growth opportunities to expand business portfolio
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be clearable (able to obtain and maintain a clearance up to the TS/SCI CI Poly level)
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a technical field (e.g., computer science, engineering, mathematics)
- 8+ years in an advanced management role (preference given to those with program management experience)
- Thorough understanding of U.S. Government and/or IC contract program management techniques and methods
- Experience managing complex projects, short deadlines, and competing priorities
- Experience managing software development teams
- Demonstrated initiative, sound judgment, and ability to work independently and as a team player
- Excellent communication, problem-solving, time-management, leadership, and organizational skills
- Active TS with SCI eligibility within the last 2 years (able to obtain CI Poly) OR Active TS/SCI CI Poly
- Understanding of cloud-based software solutions
- Understanding of orbital mechanics and satellite modeling, preferably in the domain of collection planning
- Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®) certification preferred
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred
Riverside Research strives to be one of America's premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. We continue to add experienced and technically astute staff who are highly motivated to help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers deliver world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented defense company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
Riverside Research remains committed to the safety of our employees and customers. Under Executive Order 14042, effective January 4, 2022, all Riverside Research employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Fully vaccinated means at least two weeks after the final shot in the required timing and dosage. Riverside Research will grant reasonable accommodation to those where a medical or religious exemption has been approved by the company. Newly hired employees must be fully vaccinated by January 4, 2022, unless an approved accommodation has been granted by Riverside Research. All new hires starting after January 4, 2022 must be fully vaccinated by their start date.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
Our EEO Policy
Riverside Research is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote without regard to race, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability/veteran, status as a protected veteran, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local law.
If you need assistance at any time in our application or interview process, please contact Human Resources at 937-427-7074 or email HR@RiversideResearch.org. A member of the HR team will be available to assist.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.
For more information on "EEO is the Law," please visit: