Riverside Research is seeking a Senior Spectral Imagery Scientist to leverage physics and remote sensing science expertise & tools to support improving automated hyperspectral detection using GeoRelay.
All Riverside Research opportunities require U.S. Citizenship.
• Use image processing and target detection to test & analyze physical targets and phenomena
• Support S&T challenges
• Perform simulation of radar systems in support of electronic warfare systems testing
• Apply advanced consulting skills and/or technical expertise with full industry knowledge
• Mentor junior team members
• Master’s Degree and 9+ years of experience in applying remote sensing principles and methods to analyze spectral data and develop new and improve existing data analysis methods
• 9+ years of experience with providing scientific analysis and products collected from the exploitation of EO/IR and multispectral image data
• 9+ years of experience with developing image processing methods using MATLAB, ENVI/IDL, or Python
• 9+ years of experience developing informational briefings and educating scientists and managers on research outcomes and the impact on the mission
• 5+ years of familiarity with airborne hyperspectral collection systems
• TS/SCI clearance with ability to complete CI polygraph
• 2+ years of experience using automated image processing platforms such as GeoRelay
• Advanced degree in Image Science or Remote Sensing
Riverside Research strives to be one of America's premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. We continue to add experienced and technically astute staff who are highly motivated to help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers deliver world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented defense company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
Riverside Research remains committed to the safety of our employees and customers. Under Executive Order 14042, effective January 4, 2022, all Riverside Research employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Fully vaccinated means at least two weeks after the final shot in the required timing and dosage. Riverside Research will grant reasonable accommodation to those where a medical or religious exemption has been approved by the company. Newly hired employees must be fully vaccinated by January 4, 2022, unless an approved accommodation has been granted by Riverside Research. All new hires starting after January 4, 2022 must be fully vaccinated by their start date.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
Our EEO Policy
Riverside Research is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote without regard to race, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability/veteran, status as a protected veteran, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local law.
If you need assistance at any time in our application or interview process, please contact Human Resources at 937-427-7074 or email HR@RiversideResearch.org. A member of the HR team will be available to assist.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.
For more information on "EEO is the Law," please visit: