Riverside Research has a full time opening in the Dayton, OH area for a Cross Domain Cyber Security Engineer to provide system authorization support, risk management and business continuity expertise, threat detection and prevention methods, incident response and management methods, auditing, vulnerability management support, and the authoring and coordinating of system security documentation in support of the Overhead Persistent Infrared (OPIR) mission at the National Air and Space Intelligence Center (NASIC).
All Riverside Research opportunities require U.S. Citizenship.
- Provide advice and assistance on all things cyber security for customer-acquired development and systems maintenance projects, driving and monitoring system authorization status of segment components, authoring and coordinating related documentation
- Review and advise on security aspects of contracted maintenance deliverables and proposals
- Keep customer leadership aware of any roadblocks, issues, or concerns with system authorization status
- Present system maintenance, authorization status, and potential issues to various intelligence and acquisition community audiences
- Other duties as assigned
- Active TS clearance with SCI eligibility
- BS degree in information systems or related technical field
- 10 years of IT/security-related experience
- DoD 8570 IAM Level II certification AND Prior DoD/IC RMF experience (ISSO, ISSE, or ISSM)
- Prior experience with network/host security and SIEM tools (e.g. ACAS/Nessus, HBSS/ESS, Splunk ES, Solarwinds SEM)
- Well-developed understanding of common operating systems (Windows, Linux/Unix, Cisco IOS/NX-OS)
- Practical knowledge of client, server, data storage, and networking technologies
- Familiarity with DevSecOps principles and Secure Software Development Lifecycle (SSDLC)
- Ability to troubleshoot, assess root cause, and resolve technical issues
- Innovative with strong analytical, problem solving, organization and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated; able to work independently with minimal direction AND Open to occasional travel
- Advanced degree in technical field
- 15 years of IT/security-related experience with recent ISSM experience
- CISSP certification
- Prior experience with software scanning/static code analysis (e.g. Fortify, SonarQube)
- Prior experience with cloud and container security tools (e.g. Prisma Cloud/Twistlock, StackRox, Anchore)
- Advanced interpersonal skills to work and interact with technically and organizationally diverse personnel
Riverside Research strives to be one of America's premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. We continue to add experienced and technically astute staff who are highly motivated to help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers deliver world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented defense company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
Riverside Research remains committed to the safety of our employees and customers. Under Executive Order 14042, effective January 4, 2022, all Riverside Research employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Fully vaccinated means at least two weeks after the final shot in the required timing and dosage. Riverside Research will grant reasonable accommodation to those where a medical or religious exemption has been approved by the company. Newly hired employees must be fully vaccinated by January 4, 2022, unless an approved accommodation has been granted by Riverside Research. All new hires starting after January 4, 2022 must be fully vaccinated by their start date.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
Our EEO Policy
Riverside Research is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote without regard to race, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability/veteran, status as a protected veteran, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local law.
If you need assistance at any time in our application or interview process, please contact Human Resources at 937-427-7074 or email HR@RiversideResearch.org. A member of the HR team will be available to assist.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.
For more information on "EEO is the Law," please visit: