Riverside Research is seeking a Software & Hardware Acquisition Project Manager to support DoD acquisitions for AF and digital transformation initiatives. This position requires travel once or twice a year. It is focused on working with mission stakeholders and the General Services Administration (GSA) to develop contract language enabling the National Air & Space Intelligence Center (NASIC) Enterprise to acquire and augment intelligence software and hardware solutions. The work is part of an integrated team that analyzes the intelligence requirements, performs the systems analysis, contract development, and monitoring as necessary, and delivering capabilities to NASIC missions, developers, and users.
All Riverside Research opportunities require U.S. Citizenship.
- Serve as Senior Software & Hardware Acquisition PM for highly specialized Information Technology systems contracts that affect a wide range of IT enterprise procurement activities
- Serve as a technical expert for IT systems acquisition, including strategic planning and budgeting for agile software development, deployment, and sustainment of software and hardware
- Advise decision-makers in the development of system requirements, and tailored acquisition, cybersecurity, and intellectual property strategies
- Interface with operational users, data and systems architects, experts in artificial intelligence, developmental and operational testers, software developers, and cybersecurity experts to facilitate rapid development and delivery of highest priority software in a Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery environment
- Assist in drafting solicitations, contracts, other transaction agreements, and program planning documents including Capability Needs Statement, Product Vision, Acquisition Program Baseline, Product Roadmap, and Minimum Viable Product/Minimum Viable Capability definitions
- Participate in software acquisition planning, contract solicitation and evaluation, administration of contract execution, and management and oversight functions for specialized procurements
- Conduct or assist with financial analysis, cost estimation, and valuation of software, to include Agile and DevSecOps software development strategies; review and analyze certified cost/pricing data and perform cost analysis for modular component procurement and Independent Government Cost Estimates
- Analyze alternatives for program procurement requirements and develop procurement strategies tailored to provide the most effective support of current needs and anticipated long-range program requirements
- Other duties as assigned
- Top Secret clearance with SCI adjudication
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software development, computer engineering, information technology, acquisition, or related technical fields
- 5+ years of experience in DoD Acquisitions
- Familiarity with DoD and Air Force Acquisition Policy, including Adaptive Acquisition Framework (DoDI 5000.02), Federal Acquisitions Regulations and DoD supplements (FAR, DFARS, AFFARS) and relevant Air Force Instructions
- Experience working with Agile development and management methodologies
- A self-starter, detail-oriented, responsible team player able to administer several ongoing technical assignments at any one time; where some assignments are routinely unstructured, requiring autonomy, problem-solving, and independent judgment
- Ability to clearly articulate a position (written or verbal) with sound logic, supporting empirical evidence, and impartiality
- Ability to work and interact with technically and organizationally diverse personnel
- Master’s degree in computer science, software development, computer engineering, information technology, acquisition, or related technical fields
- 3+ years of experience in DoD Software Acquisitions
- 10+ years of experience in DoD Acquisitions
- Experience selecting appropriate contract methods and contract types to plan and carry out highly complex pre-award and/or post-award procurement actions
- Capable of performing cost or price analysis including review of cost breakdowns, should-cost analysis, and affordability trades to determine reasonableness at the program level
- Able to analyze complex contracting issues and identify and propose alternative courses of action
- Comfortable with modifying standard contracting procedures and terms to satisfy specialized requirements
- Able to solve a variety of contracting problems including those requiring significant departure from previous approaches
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or Program Management Professional (PgMP) certification
- Agile certification(s) from Scrum Alliance, SAFe Agilist, PMI, etc.
- Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA) certification in program management
- Digital IT Acquisition Professional (DITAP) certification
- Other relevant DAWIA or defense industry certifications in acquisition or Information Technology systems design and development
Riverside Research strives to be one of America's premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. We continue to add experienced and technically astute staff who are highly motivated to help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers deliver world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented defense company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
Riverside Research remains committed to the safety of our employees and customers. Under Executive Order 14042, effective January 4, 2022, all Riverside Research employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Fully vaccinated means at least two weeks after the final shot in the required timing and dosage. Riverside Research will grant reasonable accommodation to those where a medical or religious exemption has been approved by the company. Newly hired employees must be fully vaccinated by January 4, 2022, unless an approved accommodation has been granted by Riverside Research. All new hires starting after January 4, 2022 must be fully vaccinated by their start date.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
Our EEO Policy
Riverside Research is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote without regard to race, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability/veteran, status as a protected veteran, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local law.
If you need assistance at any time in our application or interview process, please contact Human Resources at 937-427-7074 or email HR@RiversideResearch.org. A member of the HR team will be available to assist.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.
For more information on "EEO is the Law," please visit: