Riverside Research is seeking an Embedded Software Developer Lead to guide a team of software developers in support of research, development and operational deployment of an embedded system in support of National security priorities. This role will join a team of engineers, developers, and intelligence professionals to support exploratory research, analysis, design, and development of an embedded prototype to support onboard satellite cryptography.
This position is contingent upon contract award. Award anticipated 1 December 2021.
All Riverside Research opportunities require U.S. Citizenship.
- Write well-designed, well-documented, testable, and efficient code in modern Object Oriented software language
- Distill general requirements into manageable tasks for other developers.
- Communicate progress and identify blocking issues
- Document work in support of accreditation process
- Travel to Government site for delivery and collaboration as needed
- Integrate with and promote community standards
- Develop collaborative relationship with Government customer and other mission partners
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s (in Computer Science, Mathematics, Information Science, or Information System Management)
- 7+ years of experience in embedded development
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential
- Master’s (in Computer Science, Mathematics, Information Science, or Information System Management)
- Ability to quickly learn new concepts, data formats and standards formats
- Understanding of the principles and theory of modern Cryptography
- Candidate should be a self-motivated, independent, detail oriented, responsible team player, and exhibit exceptional relationship management skills
- Ability to manage time independently without direct supervision
- Active Secret Security Clearance, must be capable to acquire a Top Secret clearance
Riverside Research strives to be one of America's premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. We continue to add experienced and technically astute staff who are highly motivated to help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers deliver world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented defense company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
Riverside Research remains committed to the safety of our employees and customers. Under Executive Order 14042, effective January 4, 2022, all Riverside Research employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Fully vaccinated means at least two weeks after the final shot in the required timing and dosage. Riverside Research will grant reasonable accommodation to those where a medical or religious exemption has been approved by the company. Newly hired employees must be fully vaccinated by January 4, 2022, unless an approved accommodation has been granted by Riverside Research. All new hires starting after January 4, 2022 must be fully vaccinated by their start date.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
Our EEO Policy
Riverside Research is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote without regard to race, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability/veteran, status as a protected veteran, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local law.
If you need assistance at any time in our application or interview process, please contact Human Resources at 937-427-7074 or email HR@RiversideResearch.org. A member of the HR team will be available to assist.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.
For more information on "EEO is the Law," please visit: