Riverside Research is seeking an Information System Security Officer in support of Hardware development effort for DoD and Government projects. This position is located in our Beavercreek, Ohio office with travel expected once or twice a year.
The Information System Security Officer (ISSO) will be responsible for ensuring the appropriate operational security posture is maintained for an information system. As ISSO for this project you would be charged with designing, implementing and accreditation of a standalone development network for research purposes. Responsibilities also include physical and environmental protection, personnel security, incident handling, and security training and awareness. Additionally you will play an active role in monitoring a system and its environment of operation to include developing and updating the System Security Plan (SSP), managing and controlling changes to the system, and assessing the security impact of those changes.
This position is contingent upon contract award. Award anticipated 1 December 2021.
All Riverside Research opportunities require U.S. Citizenship.
- Ensure systems are operated, maintained, and disposed of in accordance with security policies and procedures as outlined in the security authorization package
- Attend required technical and security training (e.g., operating system, networking, security management) relative to assigned duties
- Maintain required Information Assurance (IA) certifications IAW Applicable guidelines (such as Department of Defense (DoD) 8570 certification requirements)
- Implements and enforce all applicable cybersecurity policies, procedures, and countermeasures
- Ensure all users have the requisite security clearances, authorization, need-to-know, and are aware of their security responsibilities before granting access to the Information System (IS);
- Report all security-related incidents to the ISSM
- Conduct periodic reviews of information systems to ensure compliance with the security authorization package
- Participate in the development or modification of the computer environment Information Assurance (IA) security program plans and requirements
- Supervise or manage protective or corrective measures when an IA incident or vulnerability is discovered
- Initiates exceptions, deviations, or waivers to cybersecurity requirements
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor (4-year) degree, with a technical major, such as engineering, information systems or computer science
- Security + certification
- Be familiar with DoD Information Assurance concepts and regulations
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISSP preferred
Riverside Research strives to be one of America's premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. We continue to add experienced and technically astute staff who are highly motivated to help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers deliver world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented defense company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
Riverside Research remains committed to the safety of our employees and customers. Under Executive Order 14042, effective December 8, 2021, all Riverside Research employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Fully vaccinated means at least two weeks after the final shot in the required timing and dosage. Riverside Research will grant reasonable accommodation to those where a medical or religious exemption has been approved by the company. Newly hired employees must be fully vaccinated by December 8, 2021, unless an approved accommodation has been granted by Riverside Research. All new hires starting after December 8, 2021 must be fully vaccinated by their start date.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
Our EEO Policy
Riverside Research is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote without regard to race, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability/veteran, status as a protected veteran, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local law.
If you need assistance at any time in our application or interview process, please contact Human Resources at 937-427-7074 or email HR@RiversideResearch.org. A member of the HR team will be available to assist.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.
For more information on "EEO is the Law," please visit: