Riverside Research is seeking an Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning Engineer to support existing contracts to prototype and develop automation solutions to NASIC’s most difficult Scientific & Technical Intelligence problems. As a highly valued and sought-after Riverside Research employee, you will be part of a highly skilled and integrated team that analyzes intelligence data to discover opportunities for automated solutions.
All Riverside Research opportunities require US citizenship.
AI/ML algorithm development for prototype applications in remote sensing:
- Develop prototype AI/ML algorithms and associated software tools using Python and the Python/TensorFlow API
- Train AI/ML models and tune their hyperparameters for a given dataset and algorithm objectives
- Visualize hyperparameter optimization spaces with Tensorboard for selection of optimal parameters for a given parametric (functional) TensorFlow model
AI/ML dataset generation, curation, and management:
- Provide customized solutions to data quality control that ensure accurate functional mappings for AI/ML algorithms on complex remote sensing datasets
- Develop databases / data lakes / data warehouses for organizing both structured and unstructured datasets
AI/ML algorithm R&D:
- Apply machine learning and general computer vision best practices and methods to analyze and exploit large, complex remote sensing datasets from a variety of remote sensing phenomenology
- Keep up with the SoTA practices for AI/ML, perform relevant R&D, and implement new and innovative ideas in machine learning and high-performance computing to solve long-standing remote sensing “big-data” exploitation problems
Software development, documentation, and coding best practices:
- Contribute and adhere to the AI team’s standards for reviewing and unit-testing code, lead or participate in team-wide code reviews, and adhere to standardized documentation practices
- Utilize Python PEP8 standards
- US Citizen able to obtain and maintain a clearance (up to a TS/SCI minimum).
- Bachelor’s Degree in either Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Computer Science, or related field of study
- Must demonstrate proficiency in Python-based end-to-end AI/ML model development lifecycle using a recent deep learning platform (TensorFlow preferred)
- Awareness of version control, branches, merge conflict resolution, and git in general
- Proficient in collaborative Office 365 tools such as MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to work closely with subject-matter experts to develop tools, algorithms, and datasets needed for developing relevant and useful AI/ML prototype algorithms
- Self-driven, strong analytic, inferencing, critical thinking, and creative problem-solving skills
- Communicates highly technical results and methods clearly and succinctly
- Advanced degree (MS/PhD) in Data Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, a Physical Science or Engineering is strongly desired
- Active Secret Security Clearance
- Experience with DoD intelligence production processes and workflows
- 1+ years operational experience in radar signal processing analysis, overhead imagery analysis, orbital mechanics, and/or electronic warfare data analysis
- 1+ years experience using data visualization tools and libraries in Python
- Visualizations/Web Development Skills (e.g., Tableau, MEAN stack - MongoDB, ExpressJS, AngularJS, NodeJS)
- Experience with large (1 GB +) image data and formats such as HDF5, JSON, GEOTIFF, TFRecords, etc.
- Experience in development of distributed, web-based systems, service-oriented architectures, front-end user interfaces, and back-end databases are a plus
- Experience with interpretability of deep learning computer vision models including visualization and reasoning about model latent spaces and activation maps to assess model effectiveness / weaknesses
- Familiarity in differences of supervised learning vs. unsupervised learning techniques
Riverside Research strives to be one of America's premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. We continue to add experienced and technically astute staff who are highly motivated to help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers deliver world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented defense company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
Riverside Research remains committed to the safety of our employees and customers. Under Executive Order 14042, effective January 4, 2022, all Riverside Research employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Fully vaccinated means at least two weeks after the final shot in the required timing and dosage. Riverside Research will grant reasonable accommodation to those where a medical or religious exemption has been approved by the company. Newly hired employees must be fully vaccinated by January 4, 2022, unless an approved accommodation has been granted by Riverside Research. All new hires starting after January 4, 2022 must be fully vaccinated by their start date.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
Our EEO Policy
Riverside Research is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote without regard to race, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability/veteran, status as a protected veteran, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local law.
If you need assistance at any time in our application or interview process, please contact Human Resources at 937-427-7074 or email HR@RiversideResearch.org. A member of the HR team will be available to assist.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.
For more information on "EEO is the Law," please visit: