Riverside Research is seeking a dynamic and growth focused research scientist to support multiple programs and projects in embedded cybersecurity. As a key member of our Trusted and Resilient Systems team, the research scientist will prototype new technologies, leveraging cutting edge research from academia and industry. The research scientist will interface with team members across Riverside Research locations and report to the Trusted and Resilient Systems Director in the Lexington, MA location.
The research scientist should have the knowledge, experience, and/or interest in some of the following domains: virtualization & operating system internals, driver development, programming at the hardware/software interface, hardware/software codesign, HDL development (e.g. VHDL/Verilog), software-defined radios, and signal processing.
All Riverside Research opportunities require US citizenship.
• Build tools and/or capabilities in languages like C/C++, Python, Java, etc.
• Contribute to whitepapers and/or published papers that document innovative work preformed
• Influence technical direction of IR&D or on-contract research and development efforts
• Collaborate with team members on debugging programs, reviewing papers/proposals, etc.
• Participate in relevant internal and customer meetings
• Bachelor’s degree, in a related technical field, and 2+ years’ experience in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, mathematics, or cybersecurity field
• Eligibility to obtain a Top Secret security clearance
• Proficiency in programming languages C/C++, Python, and Assembly (x86-64, ARM)
• Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field
• Self-starter and ability to manage time independently without direct supervision
• Superior written and verbal communications skills
• Experience with both defensive and offensive cyber tools
Riverside Research strives to be one of America’s premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. As we continue to add experienced, technically astute staff, we are looking for highly motivated, talented team members that can help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers continue delivery of world-class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented Defense Company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective, and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
Our EEO Policy
Riverside Research is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote without regard to race, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability/veteran, status as a protected veteran, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local law.
If you need assistance at any time in our application or interview process, please contact Human Resources at 937-427-7074 or email HR. A member of the HR team will be available to assist.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.
For more information on "EEO is the Law", please visit: