Riverside Research, one of America’s premier not-for-profit providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise, is seeking a full-time Digital Engineering / Digital Trinity Solution Architect. This position will identify, cultivate, and capture new business in the Department of Defense (DoD) Digital Trinity, composed of Digital Engineering (DE), Open Architecture (OA), and agile software practices, for the Engineering and Systems Integration (ESI) business unit at Riverside Research. This role will build relationships with current and future customers and leverage their mission-focused knowledge of innovative solutions to our customer’s challenges through collaboration with our technical teams.
The Digital Trinity subject matter expert position will be located at Riverside Research’s Centreville Research office located in Centreville, VA. This position will be responsible for intimately understanding Riverside Research’s Digital Trinity capabilities, expertise, and experience and for translating those capabilities into winning solutions for current and future opportunities.
All Riverside Research opportunities require U.S. Citizenship.
- Lead the development of a multi-year business development strategy for the Digital Trinity (digital engineering, open architecture, and agile software practices) in a collaborative team environment
- Execute the long-term technical strategy and vision to grow our Digital Engineering portfolio of programs
- Extend current Digital Trinity business and develop new Digital Trinity business with the Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL), the USAF, the DoD, and other Government agencies
- Create competitive differentiation for our offerings by ensuring that our Digital Trinity offerings are best-in-class and innovative to win business and solve challenging problems
- Evaluate customer/operational needs to architect our approach/solution for current and new business opportunities
- Lead the preparation of whitepapers, proposals, demonstrations, and presentations to clearly communicate our unique technical value
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Active secret security clearance and must possess the ability to obtain a Top Secret clearance
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, science, business, or other related discipline
- 5+ years of relevant business development, technical, or research experience
- Experience developing technical strategies for capturing and securing contract awards in one or more technical area of the Digital Trinity from the USAF and/or other Government organizations
- Experience with proposals/whitepapers, strategy development, and Government acquisition/contracting
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships with all levels of an organization
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and work effectively in a dynamic team environment
- Ability to document work and make effective presentations to customers
- Demonstrated technical problem solving, organization, coordination, and planning skills
- Strong communication (interpersonal, verbal, and written), presentation, and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple, concurrent tasks with minimal supervision
- Ability to support occasional travel
- Master’s or PhD in electrical, systems, computer engineering or related discipline
- Experience with one or more of the following: Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE), digital twins, digital transformation models/tools, Government Reference Architectures (GRA), and Integrated Digital Environments (IDEs)
- Experience with one or more of the following: Open Missions System (OMS), Modular Open Systems Approach (MOSA), Sensor Open Systems Architecture (SOSA) standard, Modular Open Radio Frequency Architecture (MORA) standard, Future Airborne Capability Environment (FACE) technical standard, REDHAWK framework for Software-Defined Radios (SDRs), Open Component Portability Infrastructure (OpenCPI) open-source software, and VITA standards (e.g., VITA 49.2 and OpenVPX)
- Experience one or more of the following: Agile Software Development (ASD), Agile Project Management, Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment (CI/CD), Software as a Service (SaaS), Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), and Platform as a Service (PaaS)
Riverside Research strives to be one of America's premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. We continue to add experienced and technically astute staff who are highly motivated to help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers deliver world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented defense company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
Riverside Research remains committed to the safety of our employees and customers. Under Executive Order 14042, effective December 8, 2021, all Riverside Research employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Fully vaccinated means at least two weeks after the final shot in the required timing and dosage. Riverside Research will grant reasonable accommodation to those where a medical or religious exemption has been approved by the company. Newly hired employees must be fully vaccinated by December 8, 2021, unless an approved accommodation has been granted by Riverside Research. All new hires starting after December 8, 2021 must be fully vaccinated by their start date.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
Our EEO Policy
Riverside Research is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote without regard to race, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability/veteran, status as a protected veteran, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local law.
If you need assistance at any time in our application or interview process, please contact Human Resources at 937-427-7074 or email HR@RiversideResearch.org. A member of the HR team will be available to assist.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.
For more information on "EEO is the Law," please visit: