Riverside Research is seeking a full-time Software Engineer with a focus on software integration, utilizing open source tools on cloud native architecture. The candidate will be responsible for maximizing code reusability while also considering integration design, development, and testability. The candidate will be responsible for proactively helping evolve our enterprise integration services efforts to deliver value back to the business. Experience with Scrum (or similar agile software development methodologies) as well as familiarity with continuous integration/continuous testing/continuous delivery processes and tools, is essential. Candidates must be technically proficient and have real-word experience devising practical and sustainable solutions.
All Riverside Research opportunities require U.S. citizenship.
- Create system designs to facilitate the interoperability of large-scale software systems
- Prototype service bus and message queue systems
- Perform continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD)
- Document test cases, expected test results, test data requirements, and collaborate with testing teams and business partners to resolve testing problems
- Code, debug, test and support utilities, tools, and frameworks to support the application development process
- Support current backend messaging and processes
- Support API implementation following best practices
- Define solutions for REST API, Message, File based integration
- Design and define API specifications for high performance, scalability, and availability
- Function as a top-level technical expert in development through the application lifecycle
- Identify and research application problems, search for solutions, and make recommendations
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to obtain a Top Secret (TS) clearance with SCI adjudication
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Information Systems/Technology or other major field of study
- 5 or more years of experience with object-oriented programming
- 5 or more years of experience with relational database design and concepts
- Experience with designing, creating & consuming REST APIs and documenting using Swagger and OpenAPI specification
- Familiarity with Linux/Unix
- Experience in performing agile software development
- Experience in creating and deploying container images
- Experience in performing CI/CD and using applications like BitBucket, Jenkins, Docker, and Nexus 3
- Experience in working on deployment environments including virtual machines
- Self-motivated, detail oriented, responsible team player able to work independently with minimal daily direction; effective/efficient written/verbal communication skills
- Ability to work and interact with technically and organizationally diverse personnel
- Other duties as assigned
- Top Secret clearance with SCI adjudication (TS/SCI)
- Master's Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Information Systems/Technology or other major field of study
- Experience in using Kubernetes
- Experience with DevSecOps
- Experience in deploying applications on SIPRNet and JWICS
- Experience in using testing applications including Clair
- Experience working with cloud environments like AWS and/or Azure
- Scrum training/certification from Scrum Alliance
- Security+ training/certification CompTIA
Riverside Research strives to be one of America's premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. We continue to add experienced and technically astute staff who are highly motivated to help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers deliver world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented defense company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
Riverside Research remains committed to the safety of our employees and customers. Under Executive Order 14042, effective December 8, 2021, all Riverside Research employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Fully vaccinated means at least two weeks after the final shot in the required timing and dosage. Riverside Research will grant reasonable accommodation to those where a medical or religious exemption has been approved by the company. Newly hired employees must be fully vaccinated by December 8, 2021, unless an approved accommodation has been granted by Riverside Research. All new hires starting after December 8, 2021 must be fully vaccinated by their start date.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
Our EEO Policy
Riverside Research is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote without regard to race, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability/veteran, status as a protected veteran, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local law.
If you need assistance at any time in our application or interview process, please contact Human Resources at 937-427-7074 or email HR@RiversideResearch.org. A member of the HR team will be available to assist.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.
For more information on "EEO is the Law," please visit: