Riverside Research is seeking a full-time Foreign Language Research Analyst to work in the Dayton, OH area. The candidate will conduct research in Chinese; collect, manage, and analyze technical data; write finished research and analytic reports; present materials in a formal briefing setting; provide general research, analytical, and advisory support; and perform work under the supervision of a research team member. This position will directly support government research programs.
All Riverside Research opportunities require U.S. Citizenship.
- Researches and acquires technical data and information from foreign research publications, peer-reviewed journal articles, papers, and open-source venues
- Catalogs and tags data; organizes information for storage and retrieval
- Maintains a complete listing of research material to include, the title of the material; author, the origination date; language; the type of material (i.e. article, abstract, report, electronic media, etc.); and any other information necessary to identify the inventory of collected research data
- Meets regularly with research team members to discuss research assignments
- Analyzes and prepares material for written documentation on the findings, to include verbal and written comments
- Writes summaries, assessments, and reports on research findings
- Assists research team with identifying new and novel technologies in relevant research areas
- Leverages expertise and language skills to assist other research team members with technical academic research
- Assists research team with identifying relevant technical conferences, symposiums, academic exchanges, and meetings
- Uses language skills to provide document translations or summaries
- Attends relevant conferences, symposiums, and academic exchanges, and meetings as needed
- Prepares and presents formal and informal briefings on research findings
- Assists with identifying and prioritizing areas that require more detailed evaluation
- Performs routine clerical duties as instructed, if essential to the research activities
- Other duties as assigned
- Top Secret clearance with SCI adjudication
- Bachelor's Degree in International Studies, International Affairs, Chinese or Asian Area Studies, Economics, Intelligence Studies, or similar, or a scientific or technical field
- Minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience
- Upper-intermediate to advanced language proficiency in Chinese
- Experience conducting research in technical areas and/or in Chinese
- Experience conducting research as part of a team
- Experience with web-based research
- Strong writing skills with experience writing technical research reports
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong briefing skills with experience presenting material in a public forum
- Self-motivated, independent, detail-oriented, responsible team player
- Master’s Degree or current enrollment in a Master’s program
- Experience with advanced military technologies
- Knowledge of Chinese political, military, and/or university systems
- Knowledge of and/or experience with Chinese culture
Riverside Research strives to be one of America's premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. We continue to add experienced and technically astute staff who are highly motivated to help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers deliver world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented defense company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
Riverside Research remains committed to the safety of our employees and customers. Under Executive Order 14042, effective December 8, 2021, all Riverside Research employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Fully vaccinated means at least two weeks after the final shot in the required timing and dosage. Riverside Research will grant reasonable accommodation to those where a medical or religious exemption has been approved by the company. Newly hired employees must be fully vaccinated by December 8, 2021, unless an approved accommodation has been granted by Riverside Research. All new hires starting after December 8, 2021 must be fully vaccinated by their start date.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
Our EEO Policy
Riverside Research is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote without regard to race, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability/veteran, status as a protected veteran, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local law.
If you need assistance at any time in our application or interview process, please contact Human Resources at 937-427-7074 or email HR@RiversideResearch.org. A member of the HR team will be available to assist.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.
For more information on "EEO is the Law," please visit: