Riverside Research is seeking a Contracts Manager for our Beavercreek, OH. office. Will be responsible for cradle-to-grave federal contracting and related activities. The position requires independent judgment and identification, analysis and resolution of significant issues. Candidate will report directly to the Director of Contracts.
All positions at Riverside Research require US citizenship.
Business Proposal Development
• Review and analysis of RFPs/RFQs and other requirements documentation
• Cost and business management proposal preparation
• Complete knowledge and understanding of Representations and Certifications and their preparation
• Assistance developing strategies to win new business and contracts, while identifying potential risks that could cause the company legal, financial, or contractual harm
• Negotiate terms of teaming and non-disclosure agreements
• Process task orders and modifications
• Ensure compliance with contractual terms and conditions, flow down requirements, and that contracts are in accordance with legal requirements, customer specifications, corporate policy and government regulations
• Review and analysis of contracts from a business perspective to ensure favorable terms for the company
• Manage the contract closeout process, prepare closeout documentation, and coordinate the submission of final closeout vouchers
• Participate in the development and updating of contract related policy and procedure implementation and enforcement
• Provide advice and guidance to senior management and project staff on contractual matters
• Prepare and maintain various reports and tracking mechanisms for both internal and external distribution
• Manage all contractual issues & changes to contacts and ensure changes are communicated to the appropriate internal staff and subcontractors, as required
• Process task orders and modifications
• Intellectual Property Rights, Restrictions and Marking
• Government and Prime Contractor Audits
• Dispute Resolution – Government Contracts
• Procurement Integrity, Ethics Rules – Fraud, Waste & Abuse
• Government Owned Property
• Contract Novation/Name Change
• Strong business acumen with the ability to clearly recognize risk elements in business transactions.
• Ability to operate with minimal direction, develop solutions for a variety of moderately complex problems and capable of multi-tasking and meeting deadlines.
• Ability to research compliance issues with applicable regulations and laws to formulate recommendations to management.
• Customer-focused with the capability to resolve moderately complex contracting issues with win-win solutions while meeting company requirements.
• Experience with setting pre-negotiation objectives and the proven negotiating skills to define strategies, lead negotiations and realize those objectives.
• Ability to apply business finance, marketing and legal aspects of government and commercial procurement to the contract administration function.
• Ability to work within a team and foster trust and informed risk-taking.
• Effective interdepartmental communications skills
• Experience with OCI issues and mitigation
• Other duties as assigned
All candidates must possess an active Secret clearance and the ability to obtain a TS/SCI
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four year university
• 5-8 years’ experience directly overseeing Federal government prime contracts and subcontracts
• Knowledge of and experience with FAR, DFARS, other agency supplements, and applicable U.S. laws and regulations
• Experience working with a variety of contract and subcontract types including Cost- reimbursement, FFP, T&M/LH, ID/IQs and others, some familiarity with Grants helpful
• Superior mathematical, analytical, strategic, and decision-making skills
• Knowledge of the budgeting, finance, accounting functions under federal contracting
• Ability to interact effectively with internal technical staff, peers, and management, as well as externally with customers
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong spreadsheet and word processing skills using Microsoft Office
• In-depth knowledge of contracting concepts and approaches
Riverside Research strives to be one of America's premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. We continue to add experienced and technically astute staff who are highly motivated to help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers deliver world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented defense company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
Riverside Research remains committed to the safety of our employees and customers. Under Executive Order 14042, effective December 8, 2021, all Riverside Research employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Fully vaccinated means at least two weeks after the final shot in the required timing and dosage. Riverside Research will grant reasonable accommodation to those where a medical or religious exemption has been approved by the company. Newly hired employees must be fully vaccinated by December 8, 2021, unless an approved accommodation has been granted by Riverside Research. All new hires starting after December 8, 2021 must be fully vaccinated by their start date.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
Our EEO Policy
Riverside Research is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote without regard to race, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability/veteran, status as a protected veteran, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local law.
If you need assistance at any time in our application or interview process, please contact Human Resources at 937-427-7074 or email HR@RiversideResearch.org. A member of the HR team will be available to assist.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.
For more information on "EEO is the Law," please visit: