Riverside Research is seeking a procurement manager professional and subcontract Manager for its Crystal City, VA office. Our organizational structure includes a centralized procurement and contracting function, whose mission is to collaborate with internal programs and operations staff to timely procure desired goods and services, at a reasonable price and in a timely manner, consistent with established Riverside Research policies and procedures and federal procurement practices. This position will be responsible for Procurement and Subcontract Management services.
All positions at Riverside Research require US citizenship.
Purchasing/Subcontracts Specialist: The ideal candidate will be accountable and responsible for performing the following procurement and subcontracting functions:
• Oversee Procurement activities and ensure compliance with Policies
• Manage and ensure compliance with CPSR requirements
• Develop subcontract specifications, work statement and terms and conditions
• Negotiate and coordinate additions, deletions and/or modifications to subcontracts
• Prepare bid packages, analyze and evaluate proposals and negotiate provisions.
• Communicate with vendors verbally and in writing to request financial information and due diligence documentation, including self-certification forms, tax identification documents, and banking information
• Work with Accounts Payable (AP) to confirm vendor qualifications and vendor ID creation in the accounting system
• Create purchase orders, ensuring completeness of all coding, dollar amounts, and details; required approvals have been made to support payments
• Liaise with Program and Finance staff as necessary to answer purchase/vendor related questions and troubleshoot invoicing issues
• Conduct contract close-out process to ensure that all purchase orders are closed properly, working with finance AP staff as necessary.
• Respond in a timely and accurate manner to questions and requests for data and metrics from senior management and the Executive Office, as requested
Support the Contracts Management staff by providing a full range of procurement and subcontract administration services, including maintaining contact data in the accounting system, providing support for project activities, policies, procedures, and requires a working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations.
• Reviews contract documents to understand the responsibilities and obligations of the contracting parties and to perform contract administration
• Prepares Limitation of Cost notices, changes in key personnel, and other similar contractually required correspondence
• Actively participates in contract management meetings to monitor subcontract cost and deliverables
• Review’s modifications that implement changes to subcontract funding, period of performance and prepares notifications for dissemination to internal staff
• Updates the subcontract management system to incorporate changes based upon subcontract modifications and ensures completeness and accuracy of data and documents
• Handles contractual and administrative matters on own initiative
• This position will include intake and close-out functions for all procurement and subcontract-related documents, including liaising with contract specialists and other employees as necessary to support the creation of a complete and accurate contract closeout package
• Creates subcontract records and maintains data in the accounting system Procurement module to ensure contractual actions are completed correctly
• Prepare required reports and correspondence
• Ability to implement system updates
• Provides other information as necessary
• Additional duties as needed.
• B.A. degree and 7-10 years’ experience in purchasing and subcontract administration/management, or related field
• Knowledge of and experience with FAR, DFARS, other agency supplements, and applicable U.S. laws and regulations
• Experience working with a variety of contract and subcontract types including Cost- reimbursement, FFP, T&M/LH, ID/IQs
• Ability to interact effectively with internal technical staff, peers, senior management, as well as externally with vendors and customers
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong spreadsheet and word processing skills using Microsoft Office
• In-depth knowledge of contracting/purchasing concepts and approaches
Riverside Research strives to be one of America's premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. We continue to add experienced and technically astute staff who are highly motivated to help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers deliver world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented defense company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
Riverside Research remains committed to the safety of our employees and customers. Under Executive Order 14042, effective December 8, 2021, all Riverside Research employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Fully vaccinated means at least two weeks after the final shot in the required timing and dosage. Riverside Research will grant reasonable accommodation to those where a medical or religious exemption has been approved by the company. Newly hired employees must be fully vaccinated by December 8, 2021, unless an approved accommodation has been granted by Riverside Research. All new hires starting after December 8, 2021 must be fully vaccinated by their start date.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
Our EEO Policy
Riverside Research is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote without regard to race, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability/veteran, status as a protected veteran, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local law.
If you need assistance at any time in our application or interview process, please contact Human Resources at 937-427-7074 or email HR@RiversideResearch.org. A member of the HR team will be available to assist.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.
For more information on "EEO is the Law," please visit: