Riverside Research is seeking a highly motivated individual to join the Open Innovation Center as a scientific programmer/software engineer in the Optics Directorate. The candidate will assist in data processing pipeline development, data processing application development, experimental instrumentation scheme development, data collection, signal processing and data analysis for the on-going terahertz (THz), electromagnetic sensing, and imaging research efforts at the Dayton Research Office.
All Riverside Research opportunities require U.S. Citizenship.
- Develop data processing pipelines and applications for processing, analyzing, and displaying data generated from scientific experimentation
- Apply statistical methods to ensure results are complete and
- Collaborate with members of a diverse technical team and customer stakeholders to determine requirements for instrumentation and analysis approaches.
- Document results in technical reports, conference/journal proceedings, and presentations
- Conduct supervised and unsupervised work
- Master’s or PhD in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering, or closely related field with at least 3 years of experience in scientific programming
- Experience developing software to process digital signals/images in Matlab using native Toolboxes (including Signal and Image Processing toolboxes) or Python (NumPy, SciPy, SciKit, Pandas and OpenCV)
- Experience applying frequency domain theory to 1, 2, and multi-dimensional signals in software
- Strong MATLAB/Python programming skills
- Knowledge of and ability to apply Object Oriented Design Techniques (SOLID Principles), Functional Programming, Test Driven Development, and other software design methodologies to Scientific Programming
- Ability to build algorithms into packages to minimize development time, maximize re-use and facilitate maintenance
- Ability to analyze scientific experiment data and conduct statistical analysis
- Ability to generate reports documenting and justifying methodology and results
- Experience working in a research and development environment
- Experience developing and applying algorithms for image enhancement, search or object detection and recognition
- Experience or knowledge of machine learning and building neural network architectures for image and signal classification and object detection
- Experience with equipment automation (LabView)
- Experience analyzing data from signal acquisition systems involving oscilloscopes and analog-to-digital converters (ADCs)
- Experience with electromagnetic-wave modeling and simulation tools such as COMSOL, CST Microwave Studio, or writing EM simulation codes to solve maxwell’s equations for non-homogeneous materials.
About Riverside Research:
Riverside Research strives to be one of America’s premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. We continue to add experienced and technically astute staff who are highly motivated to help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers deliver world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented defense company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.