Riverside Research is seeking a highly motivated individual to join the Open Innovation Center as an optics and electromagnetics test engineer in the Optics Directorate. The candidate will assist in designing experiments, experiment instrumentation, data collection, signal processing and data analysis for the on-going terahertz (THz), optics, electromagnetic sensing, and imaging research efforts at the Dayton Research Office.
All Riverside Research opportunities require U.S. Citizenship.
- Execute lab experiments and record data/results in accordance with principle investigator guidance and specifications
- Apply expertise in the usage of optics and electromagnetics measurement equipment and techniques including THz scanners, photodetectors, interferometry, laser equipment and oscilloscopes
- Collaborate with members of a diverse technical team including customer stakeholders to determine requirements for instrumentation, measurement, and data analysis approaches
- Document results in technical reports, conference/journal proceedings, and presentations
- Conduct supervised and unsupervised work
- BS in physics, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering or closely related field with at least 3 years of experience conducting lab research.
- Ability to design data collection and instrumentation strategies for a range of optical and electromagnetic system experiments
- Ability to execute tests, record and analyze data, and conduct statistical analysis
- Ability to generate reports documenting and justifying methodology and results
- Experience working in a research and development environment
- Experience working with lasers, laser optics, oscilloscopes, and RF signal collection and measurement equipment
- Familiarity with a scientific programming language (i.e. MATLAB, python)
- Experience with equipment automation (LabView)
About Riverside Research:
Riverside Research strives to be one of America’s premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. We continue to add experienced and technically astute staff who are highly motivated to help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers deliver world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented defense company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.