Riverside Research is seeking a research scientist to solve challenging cybersecurity problems using formal methods for system security analysis. The ideal candidate will be an outside-the-box thinker who is excited to work on cutting-edge research of the intersection of formal methods and cybersecurity. They will work with our Trusted and Resilient Systems research group to apply formal methods techniques to critical defense systems and develop new formal methods tools and techniques to significantly advance the state of the art.
All Riverside Research opportunities require U.S. Citizenship.
- Use techniques from formal methods to develop security analyses of large, complex systems
- Develop new techniques and tools for applying formal methods to hard security problems
- Present research at meetings and conferences
- Assist with proposal writing and customer meetings
- Collaborate with others in the broader research and Defense communities
- Mentoring junior scientists and setting direction on future formal analysis research and development efforts
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5 years’ experience with BS in Computer Science or related field
- 2 years’ experience with MS in Computer Science or related field
- PhD in Computer Science or related field
- Previous experience in formal methods for security analysis
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills evidenced by published papers and presentations at research conferences
- Proficiency in computer programming and experience with formal analysis tools and languages
- Previous experience with EasyCrypt
- Previous experience mentoring other researchers
- Proposal development experience
- Ability to manage time independently without direct supervision
- Active Secret Security Clearance, must be capable of acquiring at least secret level
Riverside Research strives to be one of America's premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. We continue to add experienced and technically astute staff who are highly motivated to help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers deliver world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented defense company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
Our EEO Policy
Riverside Research is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote without regard to race, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability/veteran, status as a protected veteran, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local law.
If you need assistance at any time in our application or interview process, please contact Human Resources at 937-427-7074 or email HR@RiversideResearch.org. A member of the HR team will be available to assist.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.
For more information on "EEO is the Law," please visit: