Riverside Research is seeking a Research Engineer to implement, reverse engineer and study security related systems as part of an established team of engineers and scientists in solving Trusted and Assured Microelectronics (T&AM) challenges for the DoD. This individual will perform research into all areas of T&AM while providing mentorship to junior engineers researching the same areas. This position is located in at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base near our Dayton, Ohio office with travel expected once or twice a year.
All Riverside Research opportunities require U.S. Citizenship.
• Performs R&D in microelectronic device assurance, reliability, and security
• Analyzes device architecture and implementation using vendor documentation and laboratory testing
• Configures and operates laboratory equipment (oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers)
• Develops hardware and software tools to efficiently characterize device behavior
• Contributes as a member of a small group of engineers with diverse competencies
• Writes technical reports and delivers presentations
• Occasional travel
• Other duties as assigned
• Must be a US citizen and hold an active Top Secret clearance
• BS in a STEM field
• 3+ years of experience in embedded software development for microcontrollers or FPGAs
• Proficiency with laboratory test equipment (oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, etc.)
• Proficiency in Python, Matlab, or C
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervisory direction
• Excellent intrapersonal and communication skills
• MS or PhD in a STEM field
• Proficiency in FPGA, ASIC, or digital logic design (VHDL, Verilog)
• Familiarity with cryptographic algorithms
• Understanding of implementation attacks including side-channel analysis
• Knowledge and understanding of Physically Unclonable Functions (PUFs), Key management algorithms and authentication protocols.
• Experience in signal processing or RF testing
• Experience with machine learning or applied mathematics
• Experience in an R&D environment
• Active TS/SCI clearance
Riverside Research strives to be one of America's premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. We continue to add experienced and technically astute staff who are highly motivated to help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers deliver world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented defense company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
Our EEO Policy
Riverside Research is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote without regard to race, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability/veteran, status as a protected veteran, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local law.
If you need assistance at any time in our application or interview process, please contact Human Resources at 937-427-7074 or email HR@RiversideResearch.org. A member of the HR team will be available to assist.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.
For more information on "EEO is the Law," please visit: