Riverside Research is seeking a full-time Technical Advisor to support the OPIR Battle Space Awareness Center (OBAC) at Buckley AFB, Colorado. Primary responsibilities include providing technical subject matter expertise related to overhead persistent infrared (OPIR) phenomenology, associated terrestrial and on-orbit systems, as well as processing/production applications used by intelligence analysts. Additional duties will include organizational and mission advocacy with like-minded communities to enhance operational capabilities. Candidates must be technically proficient and capable of devising practical and sustainable solutions.
All Riverside Research opportunities require U.S. Citizenship.
- Provide direct support to the assistant director of operations (intelligence) at the OPIR Battle Space Awareness Center (OBAC), Buckley AFB, Colorado
- Provide technical subject matter expertise related to overhead persistent infrared (OPIR) phenomenology, associated terrestrial and on-orbit systems, as well as processing/production applications used by intelligence analysts
- Proactively engage with OPIR users and developers across various intelligence production centers, system program management offices, and working groups; advocate for OBAC intelligence and operational needs in community forums
- Assess technologies, initiatives and projects in the advancement of OBAC mission objectives
- Collaboratively work with research & development organizations to enhance algorithmic and analytic enhancements to be employed by the OBAC; as needed, assist in transition and implementation
- Other duties as assigned
- Top Secret clearance with SCI adjudication
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, physics, computer science, mathematics, or related technical fields
- Ten years’ experience supporting DoD and/or IC OPIR organizations as an overhead persistent infrared (OPIR) phenomenologist with an appreciation for the processing and tools relevant to intelligence production analysts, as well as an understanding of terrestrial and on-orbit systems, and associated tactics, techniques, & procedures (TTP)
- Ability to think outside the box; share innovative ideas and actively work to operationalize those efforts if required
- Self-motivated, driven, detail oriented responsible team member who can readily identify support areas and function with limited direct supervision; strong communication and organizational skills are essential
- Leadership skills to advise, motivate, encourage, and execute significant action items
- Proficient in standard computer applications such as MS Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Master’s or Doctorate degree in engineering, physics, computer science, mathematics, operations research, or related technical fields
- Project Management Institute (PMI) or Defense Acquisition University (DAU) professional certifications in project management
- Familiarity with Future Operationally Resilient Ground Evolution (FORGE) and Situational Awareness & Global Exploitation (SAGE)
The proposed compensation for this position in Colorado is $130,000 to $170,000. Final salary will be determined based on various factors.
Riverside Research offers an opportunity to work with experts in cutting edge engineering and research disciplines. As a not-for-profit company, Riverside Research doesn’t pay dividends to shareholders. Instead, annual profits are re-invested in independent research and development projects, community outreach initiatives, and employee benefits that exceed the industry average. More information can be found here Riverside Research Benefits Overview.
Riverside Research strives to be one of America's premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. We continue to add experienced and technically astute staff who are highly motivated to help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers deliver world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented defense company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
Our EEO Policy
Riverside Research is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote without regard to race, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability/veteran, status as a protected veteran, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local law.
If you need assistance at any time in our application or interview process, please contact Human Resources at 937-427-7074 or email HR@RiversideResearch.org. A member of the HR team will be available to assist.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.
For more information on "EEO is the Law", please visit: