Riverside Research is seeking a senior dynamic, strategic, operational, and growth-focused Director to lead the Engineering & Support Solutions (ESS) Group in Beavercreek, OH. The Director will lead a team of 7 Managers and 55 Engineers and report to the Vice President of the Engineering & System Integration (ESI) Business Unit. The Director will be an ambitious, growth-oriented individual and will lead a dedicated and passionate team for a premier not-for-profit R&D organization focused on serving the national interest.
The Director will work directly with R&D customers to advance and grow the ESS group’s core capabilities. The Director will also supervise and coordinate the work of engineers and software developers working in the Dayton, OH office and at customer locations. Development work includes combat modeling and simulation; trusted and secure microelectronics; RF communications; Position, Navigation, and Timing (PNT); Open Architecture (OA); computational electromagnetic research; and other R&D activities.
Responsibilities of the Director include but are not limited to the following:
• Extend existing R&D business within the Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL)
• Develop new R&D business with government organizations such as DARPA, ARL, ONR, and IARPA
• Develop relationships with the technical staff at current and new customer organizations and communicate Riverside Research’s unique technical value proposition
• Direct and contribute to all phases of the preparation of RFI responses, white papers, and proposals
• Direct the preparation and execution of demonstrations and presentations
• Lead the ESS group including personnel management, mentorship, and weekly one-on-one meetings with all direct reports
• Supervise program managers and be responsible for the innovative research and development of solutions for our customers
• Collaborate with Riverside Research Open Innovation Center to develop new technologies to advance the ESS group’s expertise and create new growth opportunities with current and new customers
• Provide project management support and mentorship for customer funded R&D efforts
• Define and implement the long-term strategy and vision for the ESS group
• Assist in the development of financial strategy, revenue projections, and overhead/travel budgets for the ESS group
• Active TS/SCI clearance
• Experience and passion for identifying, capturing, and winning relevant new business
• Collaborative leader with the highest integrity and moral compass
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering field required with a preference for an MS or Ph.D. in Engineering, Physics, or Computer Science
• Technical background with development experience in at least one of the following technical areas:
- Trusted and Secure Micro-Electronics
- RF communication or Position, Navigation & Timing (PNT)
- Open Architecture (OA)
- Trusted & Resilient Systems (Cyber-security)
- Optics & Photonics
- Machine Learning (ML)
• Direct experience with AFRL or similar U.S. Government / DoD R&D agency (experience with multiple agencies is highly desirable)
• Strong DoD and R&D experience (at least 10 years)
• Established professional reputation for excellence in customer support and program execution
• Demonstrated ability to mentor team members on business development to develop personnel that can lead business captures and proposals creation
• Demonstrated understanding of program management processes
• Ability to prioritize multiple, concurrent tasks with minimal supervision
• Experience in managing diverse teams/programs in multiple locations (at least 5 years)
• Demonstrated ability in a management role to rapidly develop a working knowledge of new technical areas
• Experience managing an organization with annual revenue goals
Riverside Research strives to be one of America's premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. We continue to add experienced and technically astute staff who are highly motivated to help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers deliver world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented defense company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
Our EEO Policy
Riverside Research is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote without regard to race, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability/veteran, status as a protected veteran, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local law.
If you need assistance at any time in our application or interview process, please contact Human Resources at 937-427-7074 or email HR@RiversideResearch.org. A member of the HR team will be available to assist.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.
For more information on "EEO is the Law", please visit: