Riverside Research’s Trusted and Resilient Systems research group is forming a team of highly motivated summer interns who love to learn, experiment, and solve highly challenging problems in the area of cybersecurity. If you are not afraid to fail often, do not give up easily, and enjoy being challenged intellectually and technically, this is the place for you as we are solving cutting-edge research problems to which the solution does not already exist. For candidates working on BS and MS degrees you will team up with researchers from our team to work on impactful security and privacy research problems.
All positions with Riverside Research require U.S. citizenship.
- Develop prototype software to run experiments, collect data, analyze results
- Develop reports and presentations to communicate findings
- Collaborate with our researchers and other interns to develop novel approaches to solving research problems
- Learn new things on a daily basis
- Other duties as assigned
- Enrolled in a degree seeking program (BS, MS, or PhD) in fields such as Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics
- Proficiency with software development and revision control
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Superior written and verbal communications skills
- Coursework and or experience with computer operating systems and an understanding of how they work
- Experience with algorithms, kernel programming, network protocols, and concurrent programming is beneficial, but not required
- Experience with hypervisors or seL4 is a plus
- Preference for strong coding experience, using C and Assembly
- Cybersecurity coursework, certifications, or experience preferred
- Experience working with Linux helpful
- Experience with research
About Riverside Research
Riverside Research strives to be one of America's premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. We continue to add experienced and technically astute staff who are highly motivated to help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers deliver world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented defense company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
Our EEO Policy
Riverside Research is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote without regard to race, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability/veteran, status as a protected veteran, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local law.
If you need assistance at any time in our application or interview process, please contact Human Resources at 937-427-7074 or email HR@RiversideResearch.org. A member of the HR team will be available to assist.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.
For more information on "EEO is the Law", please visit: