Riverside Research's Intelligence and Defense Solutions (IDS) directorate is seeking a Senior Intelligence Operations Subject Matter Expert (SME) to support development of a Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) transitional modernized database for foundational military intelligence (FMI). The Senior Intelligence Operations SME will lead a team of intelligence professionals documenting/analyzing FMI consumer operational requirements and producer functional processes. They will convey results of their work to a diverse team of software developers, data engineers, and project managers, collaborating within the greater National Capital Region (NCR), to create and implement a comprehensive, scalable, flexible data environment, and rigorous artificial intelligence/machine learning (AI/ML)-ready analytic data environment.
This position can either be in our offices in Beavercreek, OH or Centreville, VA.
All positions at Riverside Research require a US citizenship.
• Provide subject matter expertise on operational use/employment of data drawn from various foundational military intelligence repositories to include: modernized integrated database (MIDB), Functional Intelligence System of Hierarchical Networks (FISHnet), Cornerstone, FounDRI, and Generic Area Limitation Environment (GALE).
• Provide subject matter expertise on foundational military intelligence production processes used by the Defense Intelligence Agency, combatant commands, and service intelligence centers across six primary mission threads: infrastructure, order-of-battle, space/counterspace, intelligence mission data (IMD), targeting.
• Document/analyze FMI consumer operational requirements and produce functional processes
• Convey results to a diverse team of software developers, data engineers, and project managers, collaborating to create and implement a comprehensive, scalable, flexible data environment, and rigorous artificial intelligence/machine learning (AI/ML)-ready analytic data environment.
• Top Secret clearance with SCI adjudication
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering, physics, computer science, information technology, mathematics, business, political science, history or related fields with at least 20 years’ experience within the intelligence community (IC) and/or Department of Defense (DoD)
• Self-motivated, detail-oriented, responsible team player able to work independently with minimal daily direction; effective/efficient written/verbal communication skills
• Master's degree in engineering, physics, computer science, information technology, mathematics, business, political science, history, or related fields
• Experience leading/working with organizationally, skillset diverse teams
Riverside Research strives to be one of America's premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. We continue to add experienced and technically astute staff who are highly motivated to help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers deliver world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented defense company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
Our EEO Policy
Riverside Research is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote without regard to race, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability/veteran, status as a protected veteran, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local law.
If you need assistance at any time in our application or interview process, please contact Human Resources at 937-427-7074 or email HR@RiversideResearch.org. A member of the HR team will be available to assist.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.
For more information on "EEO is the Law", please visit: