Riverside Research’s Intelligence and Defense Solutions Directorate has a full-time opening in the Dayton, Ohio area for a Facility Operations Manager (MILCON). This position will support the National Air and Space Intelligence Center (NASIC) at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base (WPAFB), Dayton, Ohio by providing experienced MILCON liaison support to define the MILCON requirements, interface with the mission customer and external agencies, identify process improvement opportunities, and facilitate the implementation of the NASIC’s workplace vision.
The Facility Operations Manager (MILCON) shall identify necessary logistics management functions and processes to implement NASIC’s Workplace Vision. The candidate shall coordinate with squadron, center, and base personnel to fully understand the NASIC mission requirements and make recommendations for processes to improve support to those mission areas in compliance with host base, US Air Force, and DoD policies, procedures, standards, instructions, and guidance. Additionally, The Facility Operations Manager (MILCON) will have experience working with phased construction projects, workspace optimization, and life safety system requirements.
All Riverside Research opportunities require U.S. citizenship.
- Coordinate Facility Operations and MILCON Projects
- Determine the necessary processes and functions within the Logistics Management division of NASIC and make recommendations to leadership
- Utilize and facilitate the implementation of Air Force Smart Operations for the 21st Century (AFSO 21) process improvements within ongoing and future MILCON projects
- Prepare reports regarding job status
- Ensure compliance with applicable safety regulations and building codes and evaluate risks and resolve any problems that may arise
- Coordinate with multiple military and government organizations for necessary process improvement opportunities
- Collaborate with subcontractors, engineers, architects, and key team members of the project team
- Keep all stakeholders aware of the progress on projects and prepare progress reports regularly
- Conduct site checks to monitor safety, progress, and quality standards
- Other duties as assigned
- Must have a current Top Secret/SCI security clearance or ability to obtain
- BS degree in Architecture, Engineering, or another related field
- Must have experience working with phased construction projects, workspace optimization, and life safety system requirements.
- Must have at least 5 years’ experience in MILCON Liaison projects and serve as the process improvement specialist for our Government/Military customer ensuring the missions’ interest are met with projects that are managed.
- Extensive previous work experience construction projects processes
- Excellent knowledge of workspace utilization and optimization
- Highly organized
- Previous experience in a leadership role with strong and proven leadership skills
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Previous work experience in MILCON management or another similar role
- Understanding of MILCON management processes
- Familiar with project management software programs
- Excellent knowledge of relevant rules and regulations as well as quality standards and human resources
- Conflict resolution and conflict management experience
- Excellent time management skills and ability to plan ahead
- Able to multitask with a strong understanding of core manager duties
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal abilities, including negotiation
- Six Sigma, AFSO 21 or other process improvement related certification
- MS Project
Riverside Research strives to be one of America’s premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. As we continue to add experienced, technically astute staff, we are looking for highly motivated, talented team members that can help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers continue delivery of world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented Defense Company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
Our EEO Policy
Riverside Research is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability/veteran, status as a protected veteran, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local law.
If you need assistance at any time in our application or interview process, please contact Human Resources at 937-427-7074 or email HR. A member of the HR team will be available to assist.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans, and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.
For more information on "EEO is the Law", please visit: