Riverside Research is looking for a candidate to lead a Radar Systems Engineering team of approximately 12 engineers. Specific requirements and job assignments include, but are not limited to: Technical and programmatic leadership of a wide variety of engineering problems and sustainability assessments of Radar Systems.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, an independent problem solver, and have excellent communication skills both written and oral. They must also be able to enjoy learning and applying new technologies, and thrive in a dynamic, engineering-oriented work environment.
As a not-for-profit company, Riverside Research re-invests annual profits in independent research and development projects, community outreach initiatives, and employee benefits that exceed the industry average. Your career development is enhanced by the opportunity to work with a broad variety of experts in cutting-edge engineering and research disciplines and personalized attention from Riverside Research senior managers.
All Riverside Research opportunities require US citizenship.
• Radar system and mission performance assessment, including detection, track, object classification/discrimination performance
• Technical data analysis for a wide array of engineering problems involving large-scale radar systems. These may include ground-based and mobile radar platforms that track ballistic missile and earth-orbiting targets;
• Investigation and root-cause analysis of system and software performance anomalies;
• Assistance with system modernization and system architecture studies;
• Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V), algorithm prototyping, and simulation
• Test support, Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V), algorithm prototyping, and simulation
• Investigation and mitigation of system and software performance anomalies
• System and mission requirements analysis, feasibility studies, system modernization and architecture studies
• Work across multiple agencies and stakeholders to develop solutions and build consensus
• Active TS/SCI
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or comparable technical field
• 7+ years’ experience
• Solid understanding of radar system functionality, performance limitations, and mission support requirements
• Demonstrated ability to develop and manage customer relationships and identify and pursue emerging opportunities such as RFPs, BAA’s, SBIRs, and IRADs
• Strong MATLAB skills, C/C++, Java, SIMULINK, and Machine Learning
• Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or comparable technical field
• Experience with Digital Signal Processing, RF/Microwave Engineering, Antennas, Electromagnetic Fields and Waves, Communications Systems, Probability/Noise & Stochastic Processes, Microwave Circuits and Networks
• Experience in executing Radar System Sustainment Studies
• MASINT Experience
• NAVSEA Experience
Riverside Research strives to be one of America’s premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. As we continue to add experienced, technically astute staff, we are looking for highly motivated, talented team members that can help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers continue delivery of world-class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented Defense Company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective, and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
Our EEO Policy
Riverside Research is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote without regard to race, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability/veteran, status as a protected veteran, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local law.
If you need assistance at any time in our application or interview process, please contact Human Resources at 937-427-7074 or email HR. A member of the HR team will be available to assist.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.
For more information on "EEO is the Law", please visit: