Riverside Research, one of America’s premier not-for-profit providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise, is seeking a full time technical program manager in the Dayton, OH area. Program management leadership skills coupled with agile software subject matter expertise are required. This dynamic position will support and direct USAF research with agile software development methodologies based on iterative development, where requirements and solutions evolve through collaboration between self-organizing cross-functional teams. The PM has to manage the program and customer and be able to technically contribute as well.
• Provide technical leadership and oversight on a medium sized IDIQ effort supporting AFRL.
• Evaluate customer/operational needs to define system functional/performance requirements, integrate technical parameters, and assure compatibility of all software components and system interfaces
• Set technical strategy and assist with future state visioning on existing and future architectures
• Analyze requirements, design, and interfaces to optimize total system of systems and/or system architecture, ensuring regulatory and system certification requirements are met
• Bachelor’s degree in CS, CE, EE, Mathematics or other related discipline
• Must have active SECRET security clearance
• Experience in software architecture and software design
• Experience in Agile software development
• Demonstrated understanding of program management processes and ability to prioritize multiple, concurrent tasks with minimal supervision
• Ability to clearly communicate ideas and results with customer and team
• Ability to work effectively in a dynamic environment
• Ability to document work and make presentations to customers
• >5 Years’ experience in software architecture and/or systems design work
• Experience with developing software applications in both Unix/Linux and Windows environments
• Experience developing application in C/C++
• Master’s or PhD course work in electrical, systems, computer engineering or related discipline
• Exemplifies and promotes Agile values and principles
• Outstanding communication, facilitation, negotiation, and coaching skills
• Knowledge of an agile framework or method (i.e. Scrum, Kanban), or understanding of software development life cycle models as well as in-depth knowledge of traditional project management principles and practices
• Adept at refinement, story splitting, estimation, velocity, retrospection, and other Scrum techniques
• Planning and problem solving with product management and delivery teams
• Experience with proposal authoring/management preferred
• Experience with Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment (CI/CD)
Riverside Research strives to be one of America’s premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. As we continue to add experienced, technically astute staff, we are looking for highly motivated, talented team members that can help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers continue delivery of world-class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented Defense Company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective, and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
Our EEO Policy
Riverside Research is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote without regard to race, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability/veteran, status as a protected veteran, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local law.
If you need assistance at any time in our application or interview process, please contact Human Resources at 937-427-7074 or email HR@RiversideResearch.org. A member of the HR team will be available to assist.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.
For more information on "EEO is the Law", please visit: