At River Financial we have made a commitment to building financial solutions that power a radically more transparent and efficient global economic system made possible by Bitcoin. To that end, we have built leading Bitcoin brokerage and custody products to keep our clients ahead of the curve. We now aim to bring to the world premier Bitcoin banking solutions that offer a full array of financial services for our clients. We are looking for people to help build the future of the Bitcoin economy at River Financial.
When hiring, we look for candidates who demonstrate the ability to think clearly, communicate effectively, and get things done. We value people who are able to think and build for the future without forgetting the lessons of the past.
We are hiring a Payments Operations Analyst to help us scale up our payments systems. The ideal candidate is incredibly detail-oriented, has experience with payments systems, and strong critical thinking ability.
What you will do
- Drive payment issues to resolution from beginning to end, working with product, engineering, client services, and external banking partners to troubleshoot and resolve issues in a systematic and timely fashion
- Lead efforts to operationalize and codify payments processes through detailed documentation, process mapping, and cross-training
- Support day-to-day treasury and wallet operations by processing and tracking ACH batches, wire transfers, and Bitcoin transactions
- Support payments risk functions by reviewing and investigating high-risk transactions
- Design and monitor reports and dashboards that track the effectiveness and efficiency of the payments operations and payments risk programs.
- Partner with product and engineering teams to automate routine workflows and build tooling that drives efficiency in payment operations at scale
- Collaborate with accounting and finance teams to ensure payments records are accurately maintained and reconciled
What we look for in you
- 2+ years of operations experience at a high-growth tech company or financial services firm
- A proclivity for continuous improvement and an extreme attention to detail
- Exceptionally strong written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of relational database systems architecture with an affinity for systems thinking
Nice to haves
- Understanding of economic, legal, regulatory, and technical factors shaping payments systems in the U.S.
- Familiarity with U.S. fiat payment rails including ACH and FedWire
- Degree in Information Systems
- Understanding of and passion for Bitcoin and the Lightning Network