At Riva Health, you'll work with the cofounder of Siri and a world-class team to achieve our mission to dramatically simplify and personalize disease management – a mission that hits close to home given our own team’s experience with loss due to heart disease.
Hypertension contributes to over 650,000 deaths in the US every year and millions more around the globe. While nearly half of adults in America have hypertension, many lack access to high quality, personalized care putting them at higher risk for heart attacks, strokes, and other major health events down the line. Our solution combines high touch, virtual care with groundbreaking technology that has a profound impact on an individuals ability to take control over their health.
We’re developing a novel way to measure blood pressure using just your phone’s camera which involves image processing, machine learning, and digital signal processing. As a Biomedical Software Engineer on the team directly responsible for this you’ll work alongside signal processing and machine learning engineers on our core sensor technology for iOS and Android.
What You'll Do:
- Save lives. Hypertension is a primary or contributing factor in 650,000 deaths per year in just the US alone. It's a big deal.
- Development and implementation of our core ML, statistical models, and signal processing pipeline to identify biomarkers from physiological signals.
- Build, monitor, and scale the data, signal processing, and software infrastructure of our novel blood pressure measurement technology.
- Run and implement experiments on our growing datasets with other members of the signal processing and Data Science team.
- Did we mention save people’s lives?
What You Bring:
- 5+ years of professional experience developing production-level software products.
- Advanced understanding of Python and common data processing and ML libraries (Numpy, Pandas, scikit-learn, etc.)
- Experience with AWS services (Lambda, S3, EC2, API) or other cloud platforms (Google Cloud, Azure, etc.). Hands-on experience implementing Python scripts in a cloud environment is highly relevant.
- A background (education and/or professional experience) in biomedical Digital Signal Processing (DSP)
- Previous experience with Software as a Medical Device (SaMD) development and/or FDA development & approval process is a major plus.
- An independent contributor able to remotely collaborate with mobile (iOS/Android), product, design, and test engineering to iterate and ship features at a high level of polish and functionality.
- You write code with your team in mind.
Riva Health is an equal opportunity employer. If our mission and the opportunity resonates with you, we encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn't line up exactly with the job description.
Whether it's working with a world class team to save lives, or taking care of yourself with great benefits and time off, we've got you covered.