At Riva Health, you'll work with the cofounder of Siri and a world-class team to achieve our mission to dramatically simplify and personalize disease management – a mission that hits close to home given our own team’s experience with loss due to heart disease.
Hypertension contributes to over 650,000 deaths in the US every year and millions more around the globe. While nearly half of adults in America have hypertension, many lack access to high quality, personalized care putting them at higher risk for heart attacks, strokes, and other major health events down the line. Our solution combines high touch, virtual care with groundbreaking technology that has a profound impact on an individuals ability to take control over their health.
Design impacts every user touchpoint, every experience, every success metric so as the Design Director you will build and lead a team that provides design support across mobile, web, marketing, and clinical research initiatives. We have one senior designer on the team so this role will be a mix of design org representation, team management, and individual contributor work.
As the Design Org Representative You Will:
- Optimize flows of communication between working teams up to the executive team, outward to partners, and the company
- Contribute to the product roadmap by persuasively representing the design perspective – keep users front and center, while driving business objectives forward
- Work collaboratively to understand markets, emerging trends and convert insights into tangible product strategies
As a Team Manager You Will:
- Retain and develop a growing team of designers through mentorship and coaching
- Help the team perform at their best and achieve their career goals
- Build a culture that elevates both performance and morale
- Ensure the design bar is kept high across all streams of work
- Collaborate to implement new tools, methods and processes systems to facilitate this
- Shape and participate in a culture of respectful critique and rapid iteration
- Foster diversity & inclusion in hiring practices, daily culture, operations and delivery
As an Individual Contributor You Will:
- Work independently and contribute as a designer to drive projects to completion
- Solve very large, ambiguous problems
- Quickly make abstract ideas tangible through a variety of means, from hand-drawn storyboards and frameworks to polished presentations
- Partner closely with a world-class team of product managers, engineers, clinical researchers, and healthcare practitioners to deliver high quality experiences
- Facilitate research activities to uncover complex dynamics, identify opportunities and validate solutions
What You Bring:
- Experience in end-to-end product design across various platforms (web, mobile, etc.) — able to start from scratch and inclusive of user testing
- Strong product thinking with expert-level technical design skills across various disciplines (interaction and visual design, brand identity)
- Leadership with ability to attract and retain talent; skill at developing people
- Willingness to give and receive feedback, and critique respectfully
- Ability to represent design inside an organization: strong storytelling and influencing skills while being a firm advocate for the design team and direct reports
- Exceptional communication and collaboration: ability to articulate strategic initiatives to a variety of partners, and sustain effective, cooperative working relationships with teammates, stakeholders and executives
- Systems thinking. Ability to break down complex initiatives into easily digestible forms and actionable tasks
- Ability to accelerate team efficiency and effectiveness by introducing & improving systems and workflows
- Experience with Figma, Sketch, the Adobe Suite and interactive prototype tooling
Riva Health is an equal opportunity employer. If our mission and the opportunity resonates with you, we encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn't line up exactly with the job description.
Whether it's working with a world class team to save lives, or taking care of yourself with great benefits and time off, we've got you covered.