At Riva Health, you'll work with the cofounder of Siri on our mission to dramatically simplify and personalize disease management, while making our innovations accessible on devices that people already have.
You'll be part of the founding group of employees helping to pave the way with best practices and processes and you'll work alongside world class biomedical engineers and machine learning experts.
As a generalist, you'll also be able to specialize in multiple key areas and help the team go from zero to launch and continue iterating through validation phases.
What You'll Do
Save lives. Hypertension is a primary or contributing factor in 650,000 deaths per year in just the US alone. It's a big deal. You'll accomplish this through your work on our flagship iOS app and our SDK. This will involve:
- Supporting iOS efforts across low and high level code (UI, network, database, camera, etc.)
- Performing transformations of live video imagery using Metal (GPU-based) to empower our measurement technologies
- Interacting with on-device machine learning models
Did we mention save people's lives?
What Does Success Look Like?
First 30 days:
- You've delivered at least one feature
- You've helped spec out a feature and are reporting progress up to engineering lead
- You communicate well with engineering lead, test qa, etc. to make sure delivered items are high quality and fully done / can be moved on from
- You understand the roadmap well and priority at a high level
- You're proactive about syncing up w/ the team around what needs to get done and communicate your needs and progress well
First 90 days:
- You've implemented multiple substantial features
- You're the definitive iOS team lead
- You can be trusted to communicate needs, blocks, etc. with the team
- You can be trusted to get things done end-to-end with very minimal management or follow-up needed
What You Bring
- 5+ years work experience in iOS (especially Swift)
- Advanced understanding of Swift and common iOS APIs and code patterns
- Experience creating and maintaining SDKs and lower-level APIs for other teams to use
- Ability to collaborate closely with product, design, and test engineering to iterate and ship features at a high level of polish and functionality
- Ability to write clear and concise technical design documents, incorporating feedback from your team
- Excellent communication and collaborative skills, be a team player
Bonus Points if You Have
- Prior experience leading a team, technically or otherwise, especially mentoring others
- Prior experience in the healthcare industry (HIPAA, FDA, etc.)
- Strong understanding of concurrency and advanced debugging techniques
Riva Health is an equal opportunity employer. If our mission and the opportunity resonates with you, we encouraged you to apply even if your experience doesn't line up exactly with the job description.
Whether it's working with a world class team to save lives, or taking care of yourself with great benefits and time off, we've got you covered.