At Riva Health, you'll work with the cofounder of Siri on our mission to dramatically simplify and personalize disease management, while making our innovations accessible on devices that people already have.
You'll be part of the founding group of employees helping to pave the way with best practices and processes and you'll work alongside world class biomedical engineers and machine learning experts.
As a generalist, you'll also be able to specialize in multiple key areas and help the team go from zero to launch and continue iterating through validation phases.
What You'll Do
You'll take the lead on feature design and implementation in order to dramatically simplify and personalize disease management. This means that you will:
- Write clean, maintainable, well-tested code to solve complex medical problems.
- Design and implement APIs for our web and mobile clients to consume
- Understand the domain to manage complexity and model data skillfully
- Scale our architecture as we grow
- Write technical design documents
- Collaborate with medical experts, product managers, data scientists, and front-end/mobile engineers
What Does Success Look Like?
First 30 days:
- You've onboarded by understanding the data model, architecture, and code bases
- You understand where the business is at and how you can contribute to moving the business forward
- You understand the team's rhythms and practices
- You've contributed to team discussions and technical reviews
- You've delivered 1-2 small-medium features or contributed to the design of a large feature and fixed a few bugs
First 90 days:
- You've delivered 1 or more major features
- Your input in design and code review is valued by all members of the team
- Other engineers like to work with you
- You're trusted by the team, and you are starting to garner a good reputation within the company
- When our team grows to an adequate size, you are a technical lead on a team of 2-5 engineers
- You're regularly counted on to lead new features
- You and your team maintain features that you've delivered
- You have a good reputation from other parts of the company (product, design) as someone who delivers high-quality software consistently and in a timely fashion
- You're looked at as a domain / technical expert since you've been here since the beginning of our major product
What You Bring
- 5+ years work experience in a backend role
- Demonstrated experience being a technical lead for a team
- Strong data modeling and API design skills
- Understanding of how to build scalable and maintainable systems
- Passion to build a product that prioritizes healthy patient outcomes
Bonus Points if You Have
- Experience developing in Golang
- Previous experience at a health-care company
- Experience with AWS or equivalent cloud platform
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience working remotely
- Modern understanding of continuous delivery
- Knowledge of application security
- Experience with working on the front-end, either in mobile or web
Riva Health is an equal opportunity employer. If our mission and the opportunity resonates with you, we encouraged you to apply even if your experience doesn't line up exactly with the job description.
Whether it's working with a world class team to save lives, or taking care of yourself with great benefits and time off, we've got you covered.