RiskIQ is the leader in attack surface management, providing the most comprehensive discovery, intelligence, and mitigation of threats associated with an organization’s digital presence. With more than 75 percent of attacks originating outside the firewall, RiskIQ allows enterprises to gain unified insight and control over web, social and mobile exposures. Trusted by thousands of security analysts, RiskIQ’s platform combines advanced internet data reconnaissance and analytics to expedite investigations, understand digital attack surfaces, assess risk and take action to protect the business, brand, and customers. Based in San Francisco, the company is backed by Summit Partners, Battery Ventures, Georgian Partners and MassMutual Ventures.
We are looking for a Senior Backend Software Engineer to join our Data Engineering team. This role will be based remotely.
RiskIQ uses internet-scale data sets to build complete pictures of our customers' attack surfaces, allowing us to help them identify, manage, and protect their attack surfaces. Our data engineers connect the disparate data sets together in novel ways to allow us to make connections. They focus on the ongoing quality of our existing data pipelines and on the development of new, high-quality data pipelines.
- Implement simple solutions and designs over complex ones that lasts and scale.
- Enjoy working with a diverse group of people with different areas of expertise. We expect engineering to work closely with a variety of teams from application developers, architects, devops engineers to build the high quality infrastructure and applications for keeping the world as a safer place from the dark web threats.
- Design and Implement of data pipelines that produces reliable data for various data consumption use cases.
- Create new data service to read/write data from the cluster.
- Proactively identify reliability & data quality problems and drive triaging and remediation process
- Partner with data producers in understanding data sources, enable data contracts, and define the data model that drives analytics
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in Java
- 3+ years of experience with building high availability microservices.
- High level of competence and productivity with Linux, Python and shell scripting
- Building high scale throughput data pipelines with, processing, and managing large data sets (Petabytes scale).
- Capable of delivering on multiple competing priorities with little supervision.
Nice to have
- Experience in developing a distributed data processing platform with one or more of Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Hbase, Solr and similar technologies.
- Experience in identifying and debugging JVM and Operating System issues.
- Experience with file formats like Parquet, Protobuf.
- Experience in cloud technologies and on-prem.
- Experience with Kubernetes and containerization experience.
Why work at RiskIQ?
- Fascinating work - Welcome to the dark underbelly of the Internet. RiskIQ’s ability to help organizations map and monitor their attack surface, detect internet-scale threats, and investigate adversaries led to skyrocketing adoption by security teams around the world. It is the golden age of internet crime, and we are at the forefront of defensive efforts to stem the tide. Internet security is a global growth industry, and the knowledge you acquire here will be a marketable skill for decades to come.
- We’re a company on the forefront of a burgeoning industry - RiskIQ experienced explosive growth in 2018, including a 362.5 percent increase in net new product sales due to the steady adoption of attack surface management across the world. We also experienced a 365 percent increase in registration for RiskIQ community, our freemium entry-level product, showing the increasing role of security outside the firewall to the growth of businesses.
- Top Leadership - Our CEO is a renowned cybersecurity veteran known for his expertise. Our leadership group is poised and experienced with a track record in technology and cybersecurity.
- Unbounded opportunity - We’re growing! At RiskIQ, you’ll be provided with as much responsibility as you can handle—new career development opportunities constantly arise given our rate of growth.
- Flexibility - You’ll have a large workload, but also the freedom to accomplish it on your own terms.