RiskIQ is the leader in attack surface management, providing the most comprehensive discovery, intelligence, and mitigation of threats associated with an organization’s digital presence. With more than 75 percent of attacks originating outside the firewall, RiskIQ allows enterprises to gain unified insight and control over web, social and mobile exposures. Trusted by thousands of security analysts and Fortune-500 organizations, RiskIQ’s platform combines advanced internet data reconnaissance and analytics to expedite investigations, understand digital attack surfaces, assess risk, and take action to protect the business, brand, and customers. Based in San Francisco, the company is backed by Summit Partners, Battery Ventures, Georgian Partners, and MassMutual Ventures.
We are looking for a Senior Site Reliability Engineer to join our team in San Francisco, Kansas City, or elsewhere in Central - Pacific time zones.
As RiskIQ’s Big Data Site Reliability Engineer you will be responsible for the availability and performance of our multi-petabyte storage infrastructure. You’ll work closely with our CTO, architects, and data engineers to ensure that our most critical infrastructure is available to power our customers’ security needs. The successful candidate will be data driven and quality focused. They will have a strong internal drive and demonstrate initiative. They will also collaborate well in our team, leveraging a “blameless” approach to improvement.
- Ownership of our Hadoop (MapR) cluster
- Ownership of our HBase infrastructure
- Maintaining the stability and availability of our big data systems
- Daily verification / validation of system performance
- Delivery of additional big data functionality aligned with our technical roadmap
- On-call responsibilities as part of our 24/7 rotation
- Process improvements, leveraging techniques like RCAs
- High-degree of comfort with Linux and command-line tools
- 5+ years of systems engineering experience, with specific experience in some of the following areas:
- Hadoop or equivalent
- Backend services
- Distributed systems
- Large scale distributed storage systems
- Data processing
- System optimization using metrics, monitoring, and/or logging
- Devops experience in some of the following areas
- Infrastructure as code
- Troubleshooting infrastructure
- Java programming experience
- Problem solving and debugging / troubleshooting, especially
- Open source software
- Network / distributed systems issues
- Difficult data quality challenges
- Background supporting critical platforms, services, and/or data sets
- Experience implementing quality- and stability-oriented systems, ideally as the system designer.
- Interest or experience in systems administration, cybersecurity, information security, application security, or network engineering
Why work at RiskIQ?
- Fascinating work - Welcome to the dark underbelly of the Internet. RiskIQ’s ability to help organizations map and monitor their attack surface, detect internet-scale threats, and investigate adversaries led to skyrocketing adoption by security teams worldwide. It is the golden age of internet crime, and we are at the forefront of defensive efforts to stem the tide. Internet security is a global growth industry, and the knowledge you acquire here will be a marketable skill for decades to come.
- We’re a company at the forefront of a burgeoning industry - RiskIQ experienced explosive growth in 2020 due to the steady adoption of attack surface management across the world. Our platform helped the security community respond to threats around COVID-19, the election, and SolarWinds and Microsoft Exchange vulnerabilities.
- Top Leadership - Our CEO is a renowned cybersecurity veteran known for his expertise. Our leadership group is poised and experienced, with a track record in successful technology and cybersecurity startups.
- Unbounded opportunity - We’re growing! At RiskIQ, you’ll have as much responsibility as you can handle, and new career development opportunities constantly arise given our rate of growth.
- Flexibility - You'll have as much challenging and meaningful work as you can handle, as well as the freedom to accomplish it on your own terms.