RiskIQ is the leader in attack surface management, providing the most comprehensive discovery, intelligence, and mitigation of threats associated with an organization’s digital presence. With more than 75 percent of attacks originating outside the firewall, RiskIQ allows enterprises to gain unified insight and control over web, social and mobile exposures. Trusted by thousands of security analysts and Fortune-500 organizations, RiskIQ’s platform combines advanced internet data reconnaissance and analytics to expedite investigations, understand digital attack surfaces, assess risk, and take action to protect the business, brand, and customers. Based in San Francisco, the company is backed by Summit Partners, Battery Ventures, Georgian Partners, and MassMutual Ventures.
This position can be based at our office in Lenexa (KS), San Francisco (CA) or remotely (Anywhere in the US).
RiskIQ’s software engineers leverage a “can-do” attitude to build anything the customer needs into our products. They work closely with frontend engineers, data engineers, architects, QA engineers, and product managers to deliver high-quality work quickly so that our customers are safer.
Your responsibilities will include
- Working closely with our Research and Data Science teams to quickly implement new features, detection methods, machine learning models, and enable wide-scale identification of internet actors and threats.
- Improving the reliability and performance of our production systems
- Writing high-quality code and tests
- 3+ Years writing Java code
- Experienced in at least one of the following areas:
- Spring, SpringBoot, Hibernate, or equivalent Java frameworks
- Kafka, RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, or other queuing technology
- Storage technologies such as MySQL, HBase, Redis, and SOLR
- Large-scale, distributed systems, MapReduce
- Computer Science or other technical degree. Extensive work experience is an acceptable alternative.
- Experience integrating into cloud providers such as AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud
- Experience with Java’s Spring framework
- Exposure to databases (e.g., MySQL), full-text search (e.g., SOLR, ElasticSearch), and caching (e.g., Redis, Memcached)
- College degree in Computer Science or a related field.
Why work at RiskIQ?
- Fascinating work - Welcome to the dark underbelly of the Internet. RiskIQ’s ability to help organizations map and monitor their attack surface, detect internet-scale threats, and investigate adversaries led to skyrocketing adoption by security teams worldwide. It is the golden age of internet crime, and we are at the forefront of defensive efforts to stem the tide. Internet security is a global growth industry, and the knowledge you acquire here will be a marketable skill for decades to come.
- We’re a company at the forefront of a burgeoning industry - RiskIQ experienced explosive growth in 2020 due to the steady adoption of attack surface management across the world. Our platform helped the security community respond to threats around COVID-19, the election, and SolarWinds and Microsoft Exchange vulnerabilities.
- Top Leadership - Our CEO is a renowned cybersecurity veteran known for his expertise. Our leadership group is poised and experienced, with a track record in successful technology and cybersecurity startups.
- Unbounded opportunity - We’re growing! At RiskIQ, you’ll have as much responsibility as you can handle, and new career development opportunities constantly arise given our rate of growth.
- Flexibility - You'll have as much challenging and meaningful work as you can handle, as well as the freedom to accomplish it on your own terms.