RiskIQ is the leader in attack surface management, providing the most comprehensive discovery, intelligence, and mitigation of threats associated with an organization’s digital presence. With more than 75 percent of attacks originating outside the firewall, RiskIQ allows enterprises to gain unified insight and control over web, social and mobile exposures. Trusted by thousands of security analysts and Fortune-500 organizations, RiskIQ’s platform combines advanced internet data reconnaissance and analytics to expedite investigations, understand digital attack surfaces, assess risk, and take action to protect the business, brand, and customers. Based in San Francisco, the company is backed by Summit Partners, Battery Ventures, Georgian Partners, and MassMutual Ventures.
We are looking for a Data Scientist to join our team in San Francisco or based remotely (anywhere, US).
As a data scientist at RiskIQ, you will evaluate your work by how well you enable our customers to find interesting security insights from our data. Working closely with our security experts, you will develop and code models. You will keep in mind who is using the data and do what’s necessary to help them get the most value from it -- even if that sometimes means reviewing and cleaning up false positives yourself. You’ll go to bed at night thinking about how we can use our data better, coming up with ideas, and thinking of all the ways to combine our data in ways that create new security insights.
Your responsibilities will include
- Develop machine learning models to better detect digital threats and surface interesting data to our customers
- Analyze our data to ensure that it’s consistent and correct
- Develop and maintain machine learning models that support our detection, analysis, blacklists, and data pipeline
- Deliver value to our customers through increasing breath and depth of detection
- Prior data science experience working with languages like R, Python, or Java
- Ability to deliver in a fast-paced, self-directed environment
- Ability to learn new concepts, tools, languages, and models
- An analytical mindset
- A love of data and finding interesting questions to ask of it
Why work at RiskIQ?
- Fascinating work - Welcome to the dark underbelly of the Internet. RiskIQ’s ability to help organizations map and monitor their attack surface, detect internet-scale threats, and investigate adversaries led to skyrocketing adoption by security teams worldwide. It is the golden age of internet crime, and we are at the forefront of defensive efforts to stem the tide. Internet security is a global growth industry, and the knowledge you acquire here will be a marketable skill for decades to come.
- We’re a company at the forefront of a burgeoning industry - RiskIQ experienced explosive growth in 2020 due to the steady adoption of attack surface management across the world. Our platform helped the security community respond to threats around COVID-19, the election, and SolarWinds and Microsoft Exchange vulnerabilities.
- Top Leadership - Our CEO is a renowned cybersecurity veteran known for his expertise. Our leadership group is poised and experienced, with a track record in successful technology and cybersecurity startups.
- Unbounded opportunity - We’re growing! At RiskIQ, you’ll have as much responsibility as you can handle, and new career development opportunities constantly arise given our rate of growth.
- Flexibility - You'll have as much challenging and meaningful work as you can handle, as well as the freedom to accomplish it on your own terms.