RiskIQ is the world leader in Attack Surface Management, providing the most comprehensive discovery, intelligence, and mitigation of threats associated with an organization’s digital presence. With more than 80 percent of attacks originating outside the firewall, RiskIQ allows enterprises to gain unified insight and control over web, social, and mobile exposures. Trusted by thousands of security analysts, RiskIQ’s platform combines advanced internet data reconnaissance and analytics to expedite investigations, understand digital attack surfaces, assess risk, and take action to protect business, brand, and customers. Based in San Francisco, the company is backed by Summit Partners, Battery Ventures, Georgian Partners, and MassMutual Ventures.
We are looking for Sales Development Representatives to join our growing team! This role is based remotely in Central or East Territories.
We’re looking for a SDR to act as a liaison between our Marketing leads and Sales while also generating pure outbound opportunities through cold outreach. This will be done by contacting and developing relationships with potential customers in both our whitespace accounts and current customer base while working in conjunction with your field sales team.
To be successful in this role you should have previous experience developing leads from marketing campaigns and exceeding sales quotas. You will use your communication skills to cultivate strong relationships with prospects and the sales reps you support. By doing this, you’ll play a pivotal role in gathering information and generating curiosity in RiskIQ’s solutions and services. If you’re motivated, results-driven, and enjoy working in a healthy team environment, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you will be an integral part in boosting sales and contributing to our long-term business growth.
- Work directly with marketing and assigned Sales Manager and counterparts to promptly contact inbound leads, develop new outbound leads and qualify all leads before warm hand-off of qualified prospects/opportunities to Sales Manager/Team.
- Maintain a growing and continuous product knowledge as it evolves at RiskIQ and a current understanding of partner and competitive landscape
- Be knowledgeable of “buyer personas” and value proposition by stakeholder persona
- Nurture and maintain a strong support role relationship with each assigned account in under leadership of assigned account executive
- Research each lead before outreach to identify targets and foster effective outreach for new account contacts leading to expansion and retention.
- SDR understands how to stay focused on target accounts and consistently contribute to pre call planning activities, note taking for post call follow up and be a valued contributor and member of our team
The SDR serves as a company ambassador and solution advocate. Successful SDRs will be on a career path for RiskIQ Sales roles.
- Opportunity Pipeline Created: Potential business that SDR activity has provided the sales organization through meeting-to opportunity rate per month.
- SDRs and Sales Management agree to a specific number of completed meetings per month. As “no show” rates can be high, the SDR’s responsibilities include ensuring attendees have accepted a meeting and will attend to the best of their ability.
- Nurture lead outreach across engagement channels (including phone, email, LinkedIn).
- Outbound calling to key roles and functional areas within targeted enterprise accounts to identify and qualify new opportunities with specific responsibilities aligned to solution
- Provide timely updates to internal slack channels, update opportunities, meeting notes, and contacts within Salesforce in support of effective communication with sales leadership and account manager.
- Actively participate in sales training and coaching sessions
- Support campaigns in pursuit of new lead generation and development
- Additional duties as assigned
Required Professional Skills
- Highly self-motivated with a desire to succeed in a team environment - we want Hunters!
- Significant attention to detail
- Strong work ethic with ability to execute high-volume prospecting and prospect engagement to meet performance targets
- Comfortable with telephone/electronic engagement throughout an IT organization
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; can understand and convey sales-oriented and modestly technical messaging to various customer audiences
- Prior knowledge of, or interest in, cyber security
- Proficiency with Google/MS-Office productivity software, and LinkedIn
- College education or greater
Highly Desired Experience
- Preferred 2+ years B2B sales, telesales, or lead development experience
- Cybersecurity and/or information technology industry experience
- Proficiency with Salesforce and prospecting software(Sales Navigator, Salesloft/Outreach, ZoomInfo)
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent on-the-job experience
Why work at RiskIQ?
- Fascinating work - Welcome to the dark underbelly of the Internet. We detect, expose, and investigate malware, exploit kits, botnets, affiliate fraud, advertising fraud, and illicit mobile apps, and much more. It is the golden age of internet crime, and we are at the forefront of defensive efforts to stem the tide. Internet security is a global growth industry, and the knowledge you acquire here will be a marketable skill for decades to come.
- We’re a company on the forefront of a burgeoning industry - We've recently celebrated several new milestones headlined by 80% year-over-year growth revenue growth, the closing of $30.5 million in Series C funding, and recognition by Forrester in its Forrester Wave™: Digital Risk Monitoring, Q3 2016 report, which named RiskIQ a leader.
- Top Leadership - Our CEO is a renown cybersecurity veteran known for his expertise. Our leadership group is poised and experienced with a track record in technology and cyber security.
- Unbounded opportunity - We are small, but we’re growing. At RiskIQ, you’ll be provided with as much responsibility as you can handle—new career development opportunities constantly arise given our rate of growth Want to design a new data center from the ground up? Architect a big data backend to increase our storage and analysis capabilities? These challenges are yours for the taking if you prove you're capable.
- Flexibility - You’ll have a large workload, but also the freedom to accomplish it on your own terms. RiskIQ has unlimited PTO and flexible hours.