RiskIQ is the leader in attack surface management, providing the most comprehensive discovery, intelligence, and mitigation of threats associated with an organization’s digital presence. With more than 75 percent of attacks originating outside the firewall, RiskIQ allows enterprises to gain unified insight and control over web, social and mobile exposures. Trusted by thousands of security analysts, RiskIQ’s platform combines advanced internet data reconnaissance and analytics to expedite investigations, understand digital attack surfaces, assess risk and take action to protect the business, brand, and customers. Based in San Francisco, the company is backed by Summit Partners, Battery Ventures, Georgian Partners and MassMutual Ventures.
We are looking for a Backend Software Engineer to join our team in Kansas City.
RiskIQ’s backend engineers leverage a “can-do” attitude to build anything the customer needs into our products. They work closely with frontend engineers, data engineers, architects, QA engineers, and product managers to deliver high-quality work quickly so that our customers are safer.
Your responsibilities will include
- Estimating, planning, and managing all of own sprint tasks and reporting on progress
- Collaborating closely with all the other members of the team to take shared responsibility for the overall delivery
- Delivering high-quality backend code in a timely manner
- 2+ years experience writing server-side code in Java
- Experience with Java’s Spring framework
- Exposure to databases (e.g., MySQL, MongoDB), full-text search (e.g., SOLR, ElasticSearch), and caching (e.g., Redis, Memcached)
- College degree in Computer Science or a related field.
Why work at RiskIQ?
- Fascinating work - Welcome to the dark underbelly of the Internet. RiskIQ’s ability to help organizations map and monitor their attack surface, detect internet-scale threats, and investigate adversaries led to skyrocketing adoption by security teams around the world. It is the golden age of internet crime, and we are at the forefront of defensive efforts to stem the tide. Internet security is a global growth industry, and the knowledge you acquire here will be a marketable skill for decades to come.
- We’re a company on the forefront of a burgeoning industry - RiskIQ experienced explosive growth in 2018, including a 362.5 percent increase in net new product sales due to the steady adoption of attack surface management across the world. We also experienced a 365 percent increase in registration for RiskIQ community, our freemium entry-level product, showing the increasing role of security outside the firewall to the growth of businesses.
- Top Leadership - Our CEO is a renowned cybersecurity veteran known for his expertise. Our leadership group is poised and experienced with a track record in technology and cybersecurity.
- Unbounded opportunity - We’re growing! At RiskIQ, you’ll be provided with as much responsibility as you can handle—new career development opportunities constantly arise given our rate of growth.
- Flexibility - You’ll have a large workload, but also the freedom to accomplish it on your own terms.